Episode Twelve

"Um, it's not much but..." Jungkook said, turning the key to his rented-out apartment facing the beach side of LA as Jimin followed him. 

Jimin readjusted the small tote bag he carried with him with a change of clothes and a toothbrush. "I wouldn't call having a penthouse suite 'nothing.'"

Jungkook blushed, shrugging. "I don't know, maybe you're used to mansions in outer space."

"Outerspace?"

"You never know with rich people. That's where I would go if I had your type of money."

"Jungkook, you can't just go to space."

"Well no, not yet." Jungkook said, pushing the door open to a large oval shaped living room. Curved glass windows overlooked a setting sun over hills and a shining ocean in the distance. There was a massive TV equipped to the left wall on top of a black glass looking fireplace. The only thing missing to nail Jungkook's own rich boy aesthetic was a piano and -

"What happened to the couch?" Jimin asked, pointing at the empty space in front of the TV where a rectangle indent in a white rug sat.

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. He squinted at the indent, giving it a small nod. He was sure that there hadn't been a couch when he'd first rented the apartment, but it did always seem odd to him that the living room had so much space. "No yea. That is definitely strange. Haven't noticed that. Hm. Well would you look at that."

"You didn't notice a missing couch?" Jimin asked, raising his brows. "Jungkook. There's a whole indent!" Jimin laughed, putting his down the tote bag against the wall before finally closing the front door which caused the lights above them to spring to life. They dimmed slightly to create a cool light like the room was one of the stars starting to peek out against the coming night sky. Jimin gaped, sliding off his shoes. 

Jungkook rubbed his chin, staring at the living room before them. "No that's definitely a couch indent. Or a very rectangular shaped body."

"Or both." Jimin teased, clapping Jungkook on the shoulder as he walked past him towards the windows, almost running to see the view from so high up.

Jungkook frowned. "No, both would be ridiculous. Don't be silly." He gave the rectangular dent in the carpet one more good look. "Ridiculous." He repeated, though less sure, before looking back up to find Jimin a step away from the glass.

Jimin lifted a hand, touching the window as if to touch the neighboring buildings. His eyes were wide, soaking in the darkening sky and the waves so far in the distance that he had to squint to see them.

"Uh." Jungkook said and Jimin's cheeks went red. He took a step back and the blush deepened.

"Sorry, I uh - I haven't seen LA from this high."

"You didn't rent a suite?"

"No." Jimin answered. "I live in space, remember? That I paid for with my rich people money. I live right next to that dancing dude from Despicable Me that got stuck on the moon. Can't see much from up there."

"Really?"

Jimin made a face and Jungkook cracked a smile. "I'm kidding." Jungkook said, putting his hands up in defense.

Jimin shrugged. "If there's no couch, where do you want me to crash tonight?"

"Oh." Jungkook hadn't thought that far ahead. Right. "You can sleep on my bed; I'll take the floor."

Jimin paled. "Jungkook, I'm not having you sleep on the floor of your own place. I'll take the floor; you're already doing more for me than you need to."