My Sunshine

Aiden sneezed as Hope took the thermometer out of his mouth and checked the temperature on it.

"You're burning up sweet boy" Hope sighed.

"I no feel good momma" Aiden sniffled.

"I know..." she caressed his face "stay in bed I'll be back in a minute okay?" she said softly and he nodded at her.

Hope walked out of his room and into the living room where Josie was resting with both of the twins on her chest "well?."

"He has a one hundred and one fever he says his throat hurts and he won't stop sneezing" Hope put a hand on her hip.

"Well we have to keep him separated from the twins for a few days we can't risk them catching what he has," Josie said.

"I know... so we'll just keep the twins in the nursery and ill take care of him while you stay with the twins" Hope suggested.

"That's probably the safest choice tell him I love him so much and don't forget to give him medicine and put a cold cloth on his head for the fever."

Hope nodded before grabbing the supplies and making her way back to Aiden's room.

"Hey momma" Aiden sniffled.

"Hey baby" she sat on his bed "you gotta take some medicine for me so you feel better."

"Is it nasty? I no like a nasty one."

"It tastes a little nasty but it will make you feel better I promise," she said putting a little bit onto a spoon and bringing it towards Aidens mouths

Aiden hesitated a bit before he took the medicine into his mouth. He made a disgusted face as soon as he tasted the liquid.

"Watow momma!" he said.

Hope handed him a glass of water and he took a sip getting the taste out of his mouth.

"fankyou," he said handing her the glass.

"Of course, my sweet boy" Hope kissed his forehead.

"I see Ellie and Lucas now?."

"I'm sorry baby but we don't want to get the babies sick" she rubbed his back.

"I see mommy?."

"Not physically but we can facetime mommy for now" Hope said taking out her phone and laying down on the bed with Aiden.

Aiden laid his head on Hope's chest as he watched her click Josie's contact on her phone and call her.

Josie's face immediately popped up
on the screen "hi my loves" she smiled at them.

"Mommy!" Aiden smiled at her as Hope laid the cold rag on his head.

"Are you feeling any better?" Josie asks Aiden.

"No, I still sick mommy" Aiden pouted.

"Is there anything I can do to make you feel better?."

"Sing me sunshine song!."

Josie smiled at Aiden before she started singing to him.

"You are my sunshine."

"My only sunshine."

"You make me happy when skies are gray" she continued while Aiden's eyes slowly drooped.

"You never know dear how much I love you."

"So please don't take my sunshine away..."