Better than expected

A year later

Aiden was sitting on the carpet in the living room playing with his truck when his moms walked in.

He looked up at them for a second before turning back to his toy.

"Hey baby," Josie said as she and Hope sat down by Aiden.

"Hi, mommy," Aiden said as he showed Josie the new truck his mom has bought him earlier.

"Mom and I wanted to tell you something very important," Josie said with a smile.

"Important?" he said tilting his head.

"Yeah very important," Hope said picking Aiden up and setting him on her lap.

"New toy?" Aiden said curiously.

Josie laughed "nope not a new toy but I think it's just as cool as a new toy."

Aiden just stared at her his almost two-year-old mind still not understanding what his moms were trying to say.

"Mommy is gonna have a baby," Hope said smiling at Josie who smiled back.

"Baby?" he said.

"Yeah that means I have a baby in my tummy," Josie said putting a hand on her stomach.

Aiden looked at her with wide eyes "baby in the tummy."

Josie laughed "yeah which means you are gonna have a little brother or sister."

Aiden nodded before crawling off Hope's lap and going back to his car.

"Well that went better than I expected," Hope said.

"I don't even think he understands what's gonna happen six months from now" Josie laughed.

"No, he does not" Hope laughed.

"Mommy?" Aiden said.

Josie turned to him "yes my love?."

"I get food?" he said setting down his car.

"Of course, my love," Josie said standing up and picking up her son.