Smile For Me

Aiden stood there as his moms combed his hair to the perfect angle and tried to get the best photos of him.

Today Aiden was starting preschool
Josie thought he was too young but Hope insisted he should be around other kids around his age so Josie did eventually end up giving in.

"Hold the sign baby," Josie said handing him a sign that showed what grade he was in (preschool), what his favorite color was (pink),  what his favorite food was (mac and cheese), and what his favorite subject was which Aiden said was lunchtime. When they tried to explain that lunch wasn't a subject he started pouting so they eventually ended up just agreeing with him.

"Smile for me" Hope said as she pointed the camera at Aiden who happily smiled for his moms.

"I go now?" he said jumping up and down.

Josie grabbed his backpack and put it on his back. The bag was almost bigger than Aiden himself it held Aiden's blanket for nap time, his favorite stuffed animal, and the lunch Josie had packed him.

Josie got on her knees and gave Aiden a big hug "you are gonna be well behaved for mommy okay?" she said fixing the collar on his shirt.

"I will!" he said excitedly before kissing her cheek and running to the door.

Aiden suddenly stopped "wait!" he said before running to the twins who were having tummy time on the blanket Josie had laid out on the floor. 

Aiden kissed both of their heads before running back to Hope who was waiting at the door with her keys "okay I done" he said taking Hope's hand.

Hope kissed Josie before walking out of the house and to the car hand in hand with Aiden.

"It gon be scawy momma?" Aiden said as Hope took him out of his car seat.

"Listen..." Hope crouched down to his height "I think you are gonna have so much fun and make so many new friends you don't need to be scared my sweet boy" Hope said as she stroked his cheek with her thumb.

Aiden wrapped his arms around Hope's neck and gave her a big hug "okay we go in now?."

Hope happily nodded before walking Aiden into his preschool. When they entered Hope saw a lot of toddlers around Aidens age running around playing.

"Hi welcome to sunny side preschool" the woman smiled "are you here to sign in a child?."

"Uh yes I'm here to sign in Aiden Mikaelson," she said before putting her name down.

"Great," the woman said before coming around the counter and holding out her hand for Aiden who looked at his mom for confirmation. Hope nodded to him and Aiden took the woman's hand.

"Bye, momma!" Aiden said as the lady led him into the playroom.

Hope stood there for a second and watched as Aiden started talking to one of the other boys who were playing with the blocks.