What Happened?

Get a look into Josie's job at the hospital in this one-shot 👀😄

Also tw// Mentions of scalpels, broken bones, blood, and medication
-

Josie loved working at the hospital it was one of her favorite things besides being a mother and a wife.

She loved making a difference in people's lives and she just loved saving people it gave her this rush she couldn't describe.

But when it was someone she loved in the hospital... well that's a different story.

Josie took the last sip of her coffee before she threw the cup into the trash and made her way into the operating room.

She was going to be performing a cholecystectomy which is removing the gallbladder, it should be a simple procedure for her she had done about a dozen of these in the past few years

Josie scrubbed her hands thoroughly before she walked into the surgical room with her arms raised in the air.

As soon as she walked into the room a nurse handed her gloves which she immediately put on.

She then turned on her surgical light.

"Scalpel," she said and a nurse handed her
one, she then the cut.

As she was about to proceed Jade walked into the OR.

"I have an open patient on the table Montgomery," she said only looking up from her patient slightly.

"There was an accident with Aiden, Hope's in the waiting room with the twins," she said and Josie's eyes shot up to her.

"I can take over for you" Jade offered and Josie nodded before walking out of the OR and taking off her gloves and surgical mask.

She then ran to the waiting room where she saw the twins playing with the toys the hospital offered and a panicked-looking Hope sitting in a chair.

"What happened," Josie said as she approached Hope.

"I'm sorry Josie it was an accident I kept my eyes off of him for one second" Hope stood up.

"Honey what happened" Josie took her hand.

"Aiden broke his leg" Hope rubbed her eyes "I took him to the park and looked away for two seconds to give the twins a snack and the next thing I know I hear him screaming and I turn to see him on the ground clutching his bleeding leg."

Josie's heart broke and she pulled her wife into a hug "he's going to be okay baby don't blame yourself..."

"How can I not?"

"You can't watch him every second of the day... he's going to be fine."

Hope just slowly nodded.

"Why didn't you just give him your tribrid blood?" Josie questioned.

"It was at the park in our neighborhood everyone we knew was there how would I explain why our son doesn't have a cast on when they all clearly saw his bone sticking out of her leg."

"Good call" Josie said letting out a sigh before plopping down in the seat behind her.

"Mommy," Ellie said crawling to Josie who immediately picked her up.

"I'm sorry if I interrupted your job," Hope said.

"No, it's okay Jade is covering for me right now," Josie said stroking Ellie's head.

Just then one of the doctors Josie worked with, Jed, walked up to them with a clipboard.

"Jed," Josie said standing up with her daughter on her hip.

"Well, I'd like to inform you two that we put two bolts into his leg along with a yellow cast which he picked out because he insisted it was his mommy's favorite color" Jed smiled at them.

"So he's okay?" Josie said.

"He's fine," Jed said, "has been for a few hours now but he is awake if you'd like to see him."

"Hours??" Josie looked to Hope "you didn't te me about this for hours."

"I didn't want to take you out of work" Hope sighed.

Josie shook her head "doesn't matter anymore let's just go see Aiden."

Hope nodded before picking Lucas up who started crying after they had to leave behind one of the hospital's dinosaur toys.

When they walked into Aiden's room they saw him staring at the ceiling with a dazed expression.

"Hey baby," Josie said as she sat on the edge of the bed next to her son.

"My leg yeddow now" he pointed with his finger that had a sensor on it.

"My favorite color" she smiled and booped his nose.

"I felled and ceiling is spinning," he said looking up at the ceiling again.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you in time buddy" Hope sighed and sat in the chair next to the bed.

"It okay momma" Aiden smiled sleepily before closing his eyes.

"God he is so cute," Josie said kissing Aiden's cheek and covering him up a little more.

"Well, I am his mother" Hope shrugged.

"In your dreams, he got all his good looks from me" Josie smiled.

-
Aiden will have a cast for a few one-shots btw :)

FOLLOW FOR MORE!!!