Surah Luqman, Aayat No 14

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْنًا عَلَىٰ وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيْكَ إِلَيَّ الْمَصِيرُ

And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years-give thanks to Me and to your parents. unto Me is the final destination.

PARENTS ARE OUR JEWEL

Alhamdulillah.. Alhamdulillah.. Alhamdulillah.. We are sooo blessed to have our parents around us.. It Indeeed is Allah's biggest blessing

It's an opportunity for us to build our pathway to Jannah InShaAllah. Allah Subhanahu wa taala Himself mentions in the Glorious Qur'an and asks us to be kind and dutiful to our parents. Imagine the importance and the reward behind this small good deed that Allah Himself mentions and will bless us with.

Being kind and dutiful to your parents will become easy when you understand the importance of it as Allah Himself mentions it in the Glorious Qur'an and even when you put yourselves in their positions and foresight yourself as parents.

Allah Subhanahu wa taala mentions in the Qur'an "Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility and say, "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." (Rabbir hamhuma kama rabba yanee sagheera)
[Surah Al-Isra:23-24]

To be kind to one's parents is:
to obey them when they order you to do something, unless it is something which Allah has forbidden; to give priority to their orders over voluntary acts of worship; to abstain from that which they forbid you to do; to provide for them; to serve them; to approach them with gentle humility and mercy; to respect them and adhere to what they say not to raise your voice in front of them; nor to fix your glance on them; nor to call them by their names; and to be patient with them.*

We can never ever repay them for the hardships, pains, sacrifices, hardwork, patience, continuous efforts, love and care they gave us and brought us up to what we are today.

The Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) continually used to remind his followers of the status of the mother and the obligation of being good to one's parents.

The following narration is a beautiful example of the noble position of the mother:

A man came to the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) and said:
“O Messenger of Allah! Who from amongst mankind warrants the best companionship from me?” He(peace and blessings be upon him) replied:
"Your mother."
The man asked: “Then who?” So the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) replied:
"Your mother." The man then asked: “Then who?” So the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)replied again:
"Your mother." The man then asked:“Then who?” So he replied: 
"Then your father."
(Sahîh Bukhârî 5971 and Sahîh Muslim 7/2)

Respect, Value & Love your Parents. They are just once in a lifetime opportunity. Please please don't lose it. Be kind to them, Hug them, Kiss them, Express your love to them, acknowledge them and always cherish your Parents.

____________________________________

~maryambintisa