“Right. I have been meaning to ask you something.”

Sowon grabs a piece of strawberry before throwing it into her mouth. “Oh?”

“What happened between you and Namjoon?”

She almost chokes on the fruit but manages to swallow it before giving her father a horrified look.

“Dad!”

“What?” he innocently shrugs.

Sowon purses her lips and averts her gaze.

“I don't know.”

Mr Han hums before grabbing Sowon's hand, kneading it softly.

“Sowon, you know you can tell me anything. I am here for you.”

Great. Now the feeling of guilt increases inside Sowon. With no option left, she makes sure no one is lurking around before leaning in to tell her father about the tension between Hoseok and Namjoon. How she finds it hard to be on good terms without trying to hurt anyone.

“You have been facing that for so long? Won-won you could have just told me.”

“I. . . couldn't dad. It's my problem and my mess to fix, not anyone else.”

“I am proud that you are trying to be responsible.” Mr Han sighs, “and of course, you have the same stubbornness as your mother.”

Sowon chuckles and her dad gives her a reassuring smile.

“You have to be clear Sowon. If you like someone, tell them. If you feel like it's too burdensome, share it with someone. No decision you take will be easy but they teach us the value of what we took for granted.”

Sowon closes her eyes, her voice dropping to a whisper. “I am scared to hurt anyone.”

“People need to be hurt to see the truth won-won. This is present. And if the past still hurts, that means the scars haven't healed yet. No one can move on without truly healing from the past. So all you need to do is be clear, decisive and accept the truth no matter what.”

Her father's word struck a chord in her and Sowon knew what she had to do next.

“Thanks, dad, I'll remember this.”

Sowon hurried to her room and grabbed her phone, dialling a number with anticipation until a voice answered.

“Hello?”

“Hey Hoseok, can we talk?”

Sowon's heart was hammering inside her chest. It's okay, she told herself before knocking on the door. The door flew open and she could feel the air draw out of her lungs.

“Hi.”

Namjoon blinked. “Sowon? Hey.”

“Can I come in?”

The door opened wider and Sowon walked in, her nose immediately filled with the familiar and comforting scent of Namjoon. His room was organized like usual, and her eyes landed on the bed where a book lay open.