Sowon swore under her breath.

“Yeah- um, I'll head out.”

Swiftly, she moved past the two men without looking at them towards the stage where she could see all the girls gathered except for her. How could she be so distracted by Hoseok's presence that she didn't hear the announcement?

Joining the participants with an apology, Sowon nervously stands there as the mc announces the chosen names.

“Han Sowon, Min Aera and lastly, Shin Somi.”

What?

The managing director, Kang Heejin takes the mic and speaks.

“Congratulations to all the contestants who were chosen. You now have 2 weeks to prepare for the level 2 challenge and the theme will be sent to your email. Rest of the participants, sorry but you are eliminated. Please continue to support our competitors.”

As the program ends, Sowon finds it hard to believe she is selected for the competition.

“Hey, we made it!”

Somi comes up and hugs Sowon. She awkwardly reciprocates the affection while other girls cry and laugh, some happy while some sad to be rejected. They all head down, dispersing along with the crowds and Sowon finds herself among the throng of noisy people.

“Sowon, my baby!”

Mrs Han wraps her arms around Sowon, followed by Haneul and Mr Han who excitedly congratulate her selection. She smiles.

“Congratulations Sowon, you were fantastical today.”

“Thank you, Mrs Kim.”

Sowon glances at Namjoon who stand quietly, avoiding eye contact. Mrs Kim nudges her son to say something and reluctantly he opens his mouth.

“Iㅡ”

But a loud voice cuts him off.

“Hey, Sowon!”

She turns around to see Hoseok walking in her direction with a happy smile and a bouquet of roses in his hands.

He gives her the flowers.

“Congratulations on the selection. I am rooting for you no matter what.”

“Haha, how did you even prepare the flowers Hoseok?” Mr Han asks, surprised.

“Oh Mr Han, you know how talented Sowon is and I always believed in her so I knew she will win today.”

Everyone laughs and Sowon appreciates her family and friends' support. Without them, maybe she won't be as happy as she was. Her eyes darted back to Namjoon and the smile disappears. He looked upset.

“Namjoon Iㅡ”

“Um, I'll go and start the car. Excuse me.”

Without hearing what she was about to say, Namjoon walks out with a stiff posture and Sowon sadly watches with a pained heart. What would it take to make him look at her the same way he used to?

She glanced back at her laughing family who is talking and making fun with Hoseok, happy for them. But she realised something big inside.

That no matter what, she could not be fully happy without Namjoon. Not anymore.

A/N: Team Namjoon or Team Hoseok? Also, guess why this chapter is abit short? :)