Ch. 16

The Lost Dixon

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

The Lost Dixon

Ch. 16: You Get To Come Back

Reece's Point of View:
It's been a couple hours since Merle and I have been walking. I wasn't sure if we were getting closer or or not. I'm thinking we'd already be there by now if we had a car.

Most of the time, we'd walk in silence. Other times, Merle would just say random ass things. And I wasn't ever sure what the hell he was even talking about.

"I wanna be with my brother." He says, filling the silence. "My brother, he wants to be in the prison. This little tip...maybe it'll keep that place standing. If I pull it off, maybe all is forgiven."

"That's a whole lot of maybes." I say. We turn our heads to the sight of a large cabin.

"You gotta play the hand you're dealt. I only got one." He says and walks towards the cabin. He then released the wire and runs towards the car. And opens the door and it squeaks. He looks around before exiting out of it and returns to me.

"You talk about the weight of what you have to do, how you can handle it." I tell him. "A bad man, someone truly evil, they're light as a feather. They don't feel a thing." Merle holds a stare with me.

"I've killed 16 men since all this went down." He says. "Let's go." We hear walkers passing by in the woods. We quickly picked up the pace and ran off. We got a good distance from the small herd of walkers and began walking again, taking a small break from running.

"You know somethin?" Merle asks. "I had a younger sister. Got taken away by the government. I resented her. Never really cared for her. She wasn't somebody I wanted around. But my baby brother did. Always cared for her. Always looked out for her. Hell, he did a better job at raisin her than our own parents did. I admired Daryl for that as we got older. He was always the sweet one. I tried to toughen him out. Still able to. But he just had that girl wrapped around his finger, it was hard gettin him to let her go." I frowned at this. Why was Merle even telling me this? It's not like it does anything for him. Or maybe he does, I don't know. I can't read him.

"When she was gone, I knew that's where the darkness grew into his heart. He just got meaner, still had a heart though. But anybody that did him wrong or me wrong, he left them way worse than he ever did before. At first, I hated the way he cared for her. But as I grew older, I was admired by him. I knew he was a good one. He's always do good. He's one of those good things in this world." Merle stops in his tracks, staring at me. "I'd die for my baby brother. Even if he wouldn't do the same for me." I held a stare with him for a moment.

"I'm sure he would. There isn't any reason why he wouldn't." I tell him. I knew on the look of Merle's face, he always seemed to wanted Daryl's approval. Sure, they'd do things together. Whatever Merle said, Daryl would follow. But yet, it's like under everything, Merle just wanted Daryl's approval. Wanted everything for Daryl. Make sure he was okay, had everything he wanted. But he struggled how to do it, how to express it.