THIRTY-FIVE

-TRANQUILITY-

-
TRANQUILITY
-

"STEVE." IRINA WHISPERED to her sleeping boyfriend, who annoyingly didn't respond. "Steve." She tried again in a sing-song voice, earning a slight grunt from him. "Steve." She groaned this time, wanting her boyfriend to wake up. She'd made them breakfast and it was quickly going cold.

"Mm." Steve grunted and rolled over so he wasn't facing Irina anymore, making her exaggerate a gasp.

"Alright, Король Стив (King Steve), you go back to sleep." Irina chuckled evilly, before getting off the bed and very slowly making her way out of the room.

"I suppose I will just eat my plate of pancakes by myself." She spoke loudly. She heard Steve's shuffling stop, but no other noises. "I mean, there is another plate, but if no one will eat them, I guess I will just have to give them to Dustin." She smirked when she heard the duvet move and Steve's footsteps come running out of the bedroom.

"Nope!" He yelled, lifting Irina off of her feet, making her squeal. "You will not give my pancakes to Dustin. They are mine!"

"Well then you should stop ignoring me." Irina laughed.

"I was asleep!" Steve defended.

"Да, да (yeah, yeah), eat your pancakes." Irina chuckled, but Steve looked at her weirdly.

"Did you just call me Dada?" He asked and Irina's eyes widened.

"No, I said..." She trailed off in realisation. "Steve, 'Да' means 'yes'. It is just pronounced as 'da'. I did not call you Dada." Irina explained.

"Sure sounded like it." Steve smirked. "You know I actually prefer Daddy, but-"

"Steve! Eat your pancakes!" Irina scolded while turning on the radio.

"Whatever you say, Mama." Steve teased. Irina sent him a playful glare before humming along to the songs on the radio. She sat across from Steve at the little dining table in their little kitchen. That's right, they'd just managed to save up enough money to buy themselves a cosy house not far from Steve's parents place so they could have their own little space. It was perfect for now.

"So, what were you doing up so early anyway?" Steve asked with a mouthful of pancake.

"Making pancakes." Irina snickered sarcastically.

"No shit." Steve said. "But really, what had you up this early at the weekend?"

"I am just excited for the game later." Irina defended, referring to the basketball game at Hawkins High later.