Chapter 37

Skylar's POV

There is a lot of things in this world that I can easily be prepared for but losing my dad was not one of them. My best friend was taken away from me without a bat of an eyelash. One moment he is here and the next he is gone. I only have me to blame, this is all happening because of me.

I come back down from checking up on Giana. I cleaned her up and put her to bed. I sit at the bottom of the stairs waiting for Vince to arrive because I need help on what to do next. It's as if the world came to a stop and I am unable to function properly. I left my five year old sister up in her room scared to lose me as well. She's definitely going to hate me when she learns that I took away the only other parent we had.

There is a knock on my door and I know it's Vince because he has a special way of knocking. I drag myself up and open the door, revealing Vince along with Jones. Upon seeing me, they quickly rush inside and close the door behind them.

"What happened, why are you covered in blood?" Jones asks and I simply hand the note to him and point towards the kitchen.

Both men draw out their weapons and make their way to the kitchen. Vince comes back and holds me in a tight embrace which causes me to break down even more.

"Where is your little sister?" Jones asks as he emerges from the kitchen

"Sh-she's upstairs in her room." I answer, my voice cracking

"Is she hurt in anyway?" He asks, I shake my head no.

"She's not physically hurt but when I found her, she was covered in blood spatter making me believe that they did this while she watched." I cry harder

Vince and Jones try to keep their faces emotionless but they look pissed. I can see how their jaws clench every now and then.

"We need to get the two of you out of here but first we need to wait for Randy to arrive." Vince says as he holds me tighter

"He should be here any minute now. I have already informed filled him in on what has happened." As soon as the words leave Jones's mouth, Randy bursts through the door like he owns the place.

He freezes upon seeing me and his eyebrows crease. Jones signals him towards the kitchen and the two men head for it. They come back not less than a minute later and it's Randy's turn to take me into his arms which only makes my ugly crying worse.

But never in my life did I expect to ever get a hug from Randy.

"Call the cops." He informs Vince and he steps out of the room to make the call.

"You are going to tell them everything you saw after coming back home okay. But you should leave Ben's name out of it and tell them that you don't know who could've done it. I'll take care of the rest." He tells me and I see red.

"You just expect me to let my father's killer freely roam the streets? I'm sorry but I'm not going to do that, Ben has to pay for what he has done!" I shout releasing myself off his hold.

"I know you are deeply upset Skylar but this is Ben okay. Even if you do tell the police about your knowledge, they won't take him into custody. He's a powerful man, he has people everywhere and he will for sure come clean out of it." He reasons but I still fail to understand.