The Power Of A Potion

*nervous chuckle*
It's been months since I last took a request didn't I?

So request by MizunoShina , just a bit of a change, otherwise it's what you wanted.

To tell the truth, this one shot is more like my try at poetry to impress my future crushes.

Cause I've got rejected by a boy before COVID due to a badly written love letter, and I got friendzoned by a girl two months ago because of a very poor phone conversation.

Maybe I'll get lucky the next time.....

Anyways, let's begin. For contexts, let's assume that the fiasco before the start of Sixth year didn't happen.

Harry sighed, leaning back on his chair to make it rock at its hind legs, glancing up at the misty blue ceiling of his cold Potions classroom and pushing his sleeves up to his elbows.

Even if the classroom had changed after the arrival of Horace Slughorn, it still was really hot when all cauldrons burnt around him.

His professor's rather cheerful exclamation of "Last five minutes, move faster now!" came as a distant whisper to him, and he stopped rocking his chair as he noticed his, rather unfortunate, Potions partner stare at him over his shoulder.

He raised his eyebrows at him, making his grey eyes snap at him sharply.

"Oh nothing. I was wondering if I should wake the very busy Harry Potter from a slumber to assist a poor peasant like me", Draco Malfoy mused sarcastically, placing a dramatic hand on his chest.

Harry rolled his eyes, and stood up to stand next to him near the table, "You could have said that without any malice at all, y'know?".

"Where's the fun in that?", He smirked down at him, stirring their potion two more times, before reaching out with his right hand at him, "Eye of newt".

"Why are they called that though?", The Gryffindor wondered, making Draco glare at him, "They're just mustard seeds".

"Just pass me the bowl. It's the last ingredient and we're done for today", the Slytherin snapped, making him roll his eyes again and place the bowl in his hand.

He watched as the potion emitted a pinkish hue with every seed dropped in it. "What potion were we making again?".

It was a whisper, but Draco caught it and he groaned, "How could you forget it when we both have to submit an essay on it in two weeks?".

Harry remained silent, and he answered him tiredly, "Comes Animae, literally called the soulmate potion. It's what Slughorn has given us, I doubt you noticed the parchment of instructions on our desk as well".

He was about to open his mouth to say something, but Slughorn came over to them, and smiled as Draco passed the red and green vial to him with both their names on it, "Well done, well done my boys. Five points to both of you for finishing before time. I hope you will be ready with the essay soon".

As he walked away, the taller boy turned around to see Harry smiling softly as he reached down for his bag, "What are you happy for, Potter? I was the one who did everything here".

The shorter looked up at him, grimacing, "Is it so? I am pretty sure we both got points because we both did equal work. Atleast Slughorn made the correct decision of giving both of us points, unlike someone".

"That someone could be our dear Headmaster as well", Draco shrugged, siphoning off the cauldron and reaching out for all the books and the instruction paper on the table, "Anyways, for your very little assistance, you are the one who is going to write the three parchment long essay. I'm only going to hold your quill for you".