"You like that, don't you?" Lexi said, with a little smile that warmed my already bursting heart.

"You have no idea," I replied, and leaned over the counter, kissing her again.

I was going to suddenly wake up at any moment now. I was going to wake up in the middle of the cemetery and all of this will have been a dream. It was impossible.

"So," I started to say after breaking our kiss, leaning back, "want to get me drunk here or in another room? Because the alcohol is in the bar in the dinner room."

Lexi looked at me like this was a very important decision. Like anything else in my world mattered now that things were okay between us. "Well technically this will be a lot easier to clean up if you puke. And technically you should have a major hangover after your eighteenth birthday."

"Good, then, kitchen it is," I said and laughed. "Give me five minutes," I added and headed out to the living room where the cart with the alcohol was.

I could hear Anita talking to Lexi as I left the room, but I wasn't going to be too curious.

I could imagine what they would be talking about.

Anita would definitely snitch to my parents the second she would see them.

I assumed everyone would rejoice.

Because I wasn't going to leave.

That much was obvious now.

This was right where I was supposed to be.

I grabbed a variety of bottles once I got in the living room.

This was probably going to end badly.

I headed back and after setting down my haul, I turned to Anita.

"Hey Anita, you still got any of those mangos you made this morning," I asked, making a point of speaking in English so Lexi wouldn't get annoyed with me again.

I could do that much.

Anita who was making burritos, leftover from last night's dinner, Josh's special demand, nodded. "Yes, a whole lot of it."

"Can I use them?" I asked.

"Sure, in the fridge, top shelf."

"I love mangos," I told Lexi, taking out the mango puree.

"You taste like mangos," Pumpkin said out of nowhere.

I almost chocked on air. What? She just said that casually like that? Like it was no big deal. That was the kind of shit she shouldn't be saying out loud in a room with someone else in there. She was really going to be the death of me. "Is that so?"

"It's kind of nice actually," she trailed like she had no idea the effect she had on me.

Because she still probably kinda didn't.

"You're cute," I just said, and kissed her again. "So, ever had a mango martini?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Have you? Because martini in my mind is like an old lady at a country club drink," she replied and chuckled.

"Seriously? James Bond? Shaken not stirred? No?" Lexi just looked at me clueless, so I just shook my head. "Considering it's my grandma that taught me how to do martinis I won't take this to heart."

"Your grandma," Lexi just said, and laughed.

We'd been doing a lot of that tonight.

It felt nice, to have her laugh with me. To laugh with her. Doctor Boseman was right. It was good for my mental health to have someone happy around me. It affected my own mood.