Chapter 64 - The Wendigo ( part3 )

3rd person's POV

Cole closed his eyes as Lydia was about to sink her claws and canines right at him as Chase and the others watched in horror since they were unable to do anything in time to help him.

Just then, a sudden gust came and Cole felt himself being pulled away. Making Lydia miss her attack once more as she snarled out in anger.

"Looks like I arrived just in time." Cole heard a familiar voice saying as he looked only to see Brody looking at him. "You're really starting to have a knack at getting yourself into trouble, you know that??"

The detective looked utterly surprised to see him there with him. He fully expected him to be still at the pack, helping out after the attack that had happened.

But here he was, looking out for him like he always did since they were kids.

"You're one to talk. Weren't you the one who got bitten by a vampire??" Cole scoffed at him as he flinched when he felt his ankle hurting, though deep down he was just honestly a bit happy that Brody was at least there for him now.

"You alright??" He heard the vampire's worried tone.

"Nothing I can't handle."

Lydia's snarls then got back their attention as they glanced at the others who just looked relieved that Cole was alright. But still, they knew that they still had to stop Lydia from hurting anyone else.

"What are we gonna do?? And where are Lucas and the others??" Brody asked.

"We don't know. But she's after the girl that with Chase and Scott so we have to keep her from hurting her." Cole replied.

"How exactly?? I only managed to reach you in time before she did. And that's already with my full speed. I haven't fought wendigos before but I'm betting that they're pretty strong."

"Did you bring some warriors with you??"

"No. Nobody in the pack even knows that I'm gone yet." He answered.

"Then we just have to try and stop her on our own."

...

Chase gritted his teeth when he was unable to think of anything to help in the situation.

On one side, he wanted to help stop the wendigo from hurting anyone else, especially Kate who was currently standing beside him as she was slightly helping him keep standing. Though by the look of sorrow in her eyes, she also didn't know what to do in the situation.

And on the other side, he also didn't want to hurt Lydia. By the amount on time that he's spent with her, he knew that this thing that they were fighting wasn't her. For him, this was the work of the wendigo spirit that had taken control of her.

And to top it all off, he wasn't even sure if he could do anything since he was hurt.

"Damn it." He cursed himself. Catching only Kate's attention since Scott had went to hurry and help Cole while Brody went to fight the wendigo. And though Cole refused at first, one stern look from the vampire made him think otherwise.

"We have to get you three out of here." Scott pointed out just as he and Cole reached them.

"I don't think that's a good idea." The detective then answered.

"What?? How in the world is it not a good idea?? You and Chase are hurt and Lydia pretty much spelled out that's she's after Kate. Why is getting you three out, not a good idea??"