Chapter 48 - Shut Up Meg

Jayden's POV

When we got to the room where Timothy was put in, I gave the door a few knocks before carefully opening it to reveal my mate waiting inside as she sat on her father's bedside.

She greeted me with a loving smile when I walked in but it soon morphed into surprise when she saw Lucas following behind me.

Slowly as she did, so her dad wouldn't wake since it looked like he was sleeping, she walked up to our eldest before pulling him into an embrace which he returned.

"What are you doing here??" She asked him softly.

"Bella found out about what happened while we were at school. She was really worried so I decided to drive her home with her car." He said.

Maddison gave him a proud look as he gently caressed his cheek before turning towards me.

"What did Mason and the others tell you when you and Raph talked with them??"

"They told us everything that happened. And as of now, we can only suspect that the attack was planned." I replied.

"Do we have an idea as to who planned it then??" I was a bit doubtful if I should tell her since we still weren't that sure but I shook that doubt off cause I knew that my mate had every reason to know our suspicions.

"We have our thoughts." I said before glancing over towards Lucas who was a few feet away. Looking towards his grandparents.

Maddison quickly caught on and slowly walked back to him. Placing a hand on his arm. "Your father and I have to talk about some things. Stay here and keep them company. Okay sweety??"

Nodding his head, he slowly went to sit beside Christina who gave him a small smile when she saw him there before reaching over to hold his hand for comfort.

My mate and I excused ourselves and exited the room. Gently closing the door before walking over to her as she waited for my explanation.

"Like I said. The attack was obviously planned and well thought out. They took out the patrols early with the day and brought their corpses a few miles out of pack territory." I started to say and watched as her face slowly turned grim. "They then waited and slowly surrounded every populated area within the pack. Especially the training grounds since that was were most of Silver Moon's warriors were. Including your brother and mine."

"Then they attacked when they were having their break. Right when they were somewhat strained from training." She stated to which I nodded my head in reply as she slowly turned away from me. "How many died??"

"Maddison, you don't really need to.."

"I need to know Jay." She cut me off. Giving me a pleading look which made me sigh as I caved.

"As of now, seventy all in all. Forty two warriors while the rest were civilian." I said.

A horrified expression formed on my mates face as she heard what I told her. She then stumbled where she stood but I was quick to catch her before her legs gave. 

"S-Seventy. I knew that a certain amount of lives were lost in this attack but..." She whispered as I held her close against my chest. "Knowing the numbers.. it's just..too overwhelming."

"I know, love." I soothed. Letting the natural calming effects that I have on her take hold. "But I also know that Silver Moon will get through this. And our own pack is here to help them."

"You said that you and the others had some thoughts on who might have did this. Tell me." She said as she slowly got the strength in her legs back before turning to look at me expectedly.