27

Weeks go by. Weeks sitting in this foreign land that's been invaded by other creatures and things. Every night I curl up in Clay's arms wondering if I'll even wake the next morning. But there's no way in hell I've made it this far, my timer now reading less than a week, for it all just to end. I must have a happy ending. The government can't just end it all now.

They must have other plans in store for us. That's if they can even see us to begin with. I'm sure word's gotten around that we are out on the run. People have to still be looking for us. Especially after Tubbo's warning call. I'm sure they know where we've headed. The government knows everything there is to know about the living. They know the bonds that have been formed. They have to know Clay and I have left to find Nick and George. It's the only logical thing for us to do. That's unless our insiders are throwing them off our trail.

Maybe Will has always been right. I have someone so high up that they will lead them off my scent just so I am happy. I wish I knew who it was. If it is them at all. I want to thank them for giving me the opportunity to find myself. Find myself in a world without the wrath of the government.

"Lost in thoughts like always. Ignoring everything that leaves my mouth. You being my soulmate has to be the worst thing to ever happen to me." Clay grumbles as he places a lump of bread into his mouth.

I want to comment on how I gave him the option to have George but it's not worth the argument that will ensue. We've had it too many times to hash it out again. He will only throw the idea in my face that I'm only saying the things I'm saying because I want Nick. He will forever be jealous of the idea of the two of us. Even if I tell him I will always pick him. He will never believe my words. He will always doubt my truths.

"I'm sorry, good sir. I was just picturing you naked, can you fault me?" I put on a fake accent as I speak. A smile perking just slightly to the corners of my mouth.

"I do that constantly but I still listen." Clay raises his brows as he eyes me up and down. Touché. But I have a comeback awaiting his words already.

"So egotistical. Always thinking about yourself. Can't you ever just picture the girl you're supposed to love naked?" Clay's mouth drops. He's shocked I'd even say such things. His mind is always thinking about me. It's never about himself.

"I don't even have words for you right now Hya." Clay shakes his head as he rises to his feet. "I don't even want to look at you." He turns his back to me but he forgets that his mind speaks for him.

My body is shining a bright green. I'm on his mind. "So you don't want to gaze at my naked breast right now?" I pull my shirt up and over my head, draping the fabric over his shoulder.

My skin heats as the thought rolls through his mind. If he wasn't thinking about it before, he was definitely thinking about it now. Poor boy is about to lose it.

"No." He stutters out. The word is so forced it makes me giggle. He's so bad at lying. He always has been. But no one is worse than me. I have always been like glass, transparent and easy to see through.

"Oh right. I'm sorry. I'll just touch them myself then." I step closer to Clay until my body is pressed against his back. "Or maybe I'll just— oh I don't know, look for a better soulmate. I still have a few days left." I tease.

Clay spins fast, his eyes instantly latching to my bare body. My skin immediately flushes a bright shade of red as embarrassment takes over. I still get shy when he sees me. Every part of me goes clammy.

"Fuck off." Clay mutters as he locks his index finger under my chin. "It's very abundantly clear that you're my shitty soulmate. Let me have my cake and eat it too. Will you?" Clay's eyes narrow as he speaks.