20 - Training: Part II

"Closer," she says, and I obey

"Much closer," and I obey again.

"Now turn around."

Irritated, I raise my eyebrows, "this isn't going to be one of those stupid trust performances where I fall and you catch me, is it?"

"Kate, we can communicate via mind link and share our thoughts, do you really think we need something that human?"

"No...", I admit and turn away from her, feeling a little silly.

"Assume basic stance, secure footing, and arms in a defensive posture."

The moment she puts her hands on my hips takes a lot of self-control, and I bury my teeth in my lower lip to keep myself from giving in.

"Relax, I'm going to correct your posture a little, ok?"

For the umpteenth time, I can only nod.

"You need to loosen up a bit, just.... shake it off." she purrs in my ear as she gently moves my hips from one side to the other until I join in her rhythm.

~ Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake~
~ I shake it off, I shake it off (whoo-hoo-hoo) ~

"See, it's not that hard."

More nods from me.

Her left hand moves from my hip lower to the front of my thigh and unspeakably slowly onto the inside before she corrects my posture with a little pressure.

It's tricky to tell if the thudding and pounding I'm hearing right now is just coming from my heart or hers as well because I can feel her vibrating all over my body.

"You need to breathe." She's kind enough to remind me before her hands move in unison up my sides over my ribs, straightening my shoulders a bit before her hands wrap around mine like they're clinging to me like a second skin.

"We're going to do the first sequence forward together now, and then do it back to the starting position, ok? Open your mind and clear your head, trust me."

It feels a little uncomfortable at first, and it's much easier said than done. Getting your head clear when you should be concentrating is almost an impossibility! And yet I try, breathing deeply and consciously, blending out the fact that I'm terribly sweaty and don't necessarily want to stick to the princess in this state. I don't even know when, but at some point, I realize that I've closed my eyes.

I let myself be guided and it works out so much better than when we were dancing.

Images flood my consciousness, memories that don't belong to me, experiences I was involved in but from a different perspective, some I don't recognize at all. Feelings tug at me that I don't know, they feel foreign, different, and a raw, almost unruly presence that overshadows everything.