Chapter 16: Chunin Exams Stage 1

"You got your ass handed to you, Sasuke." (Y/n) joked earning a laugh out of Naruto and scoff out of Sasuke.

I wonder how strong everyone else is if that's what bushy brow is like.

(Y/n) thought as they all approached the door. A puff of smoke made everyone stop in their tracks.

"Yo" Kakashi said coming out the smoke with Make-Out Paradise in hand. "I'm glad you guys all came."

"Why are you here sensei?" Sakura asked Kakashi.

"I just wanted to wish you guys good luck before the exams start." Kakashi smiled under his mask. "I'm trying to say... I couldn't have asked for a better team. And good luck." Kakashi stepped out of their way allowing them to enter the examination room.

"We're not gonna let you down, sensei!" Naruto and (Y/n) said in unison entering the door.

What seemed to be over a hundred Genin for all different villages stated daggers at all of them.

"It's a lot more than I thought," Sakura said staring at everyone in awe.

"Sasuke-Kun," a familiar blonde said jumping onto Sasuke and hugging him not letting go.

Ino Yamanaka. Sasuke's second-biggest fangirl.

"What're you doing here, Ino," Sakura asked with a vein in her head.

"Here to see my precious Sasuke. Billboard Brow." Ino pointed at Sakura's forehead.

"Leave my forehead out of this!"

(Y/n) and noticed two more people walk up to them.

Shikamaru Nara. The laziest kid in the entire academy. But, he is cool and incredibly smart.

"Well, if it isn't the two worst kids in the academy here to take the Chunin exams," Shikamaru said in a lazy tone... like always. "Man, this place is a drag."

(Y/n) looked at the kid next to him.

Choji Akimichi. He'd eat a person if it wasn't frowned upon

Choji waved and continued eating.

"Looks like everyone's here!"

Kiba. No comment on him. Next to him is the reclusive Shino. A kinda weird bug guy. Lastly, Hinata Hyuga. The only girl to have a crush on Naruto. So obvious even that even I can see it.

"All ten rookies, but we all know only the best are gonna make it. Right, Sasuke" Kiba said in his arrogant manner.

He pisses me off more thank Sasuke.

"Don't get too confident there Kiba. Don't forget who put you in your place all those years ago." (Y/n) said smugly to Kiba.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?" Kiba asked balling his fists up.

"You know Kiba you're really lucky I like Akamaru." (Y/n) said to the cute dog resting on Kiba's head.

"I'd keep it down if I were you guys." a silver-haired guy said walking up to them. "I wouldn't go making a spectacle of myself. This isn't a class field trip."

"Yeah? And who are you?" Ino asked the guy while still clinging onto Sasuke.

"I'm Kabuto Yakushi. And it seems as if you all attracted a lot of attention to you guys." Kabuto said pointing to everyone in the room staring at them.

That's cool and all, but when is the exam gonna start?

"Listen up you baby-faced degenerates!" yelled a man with two large scars on his face and a leaf headband. "I'm Ibiki Marino, your proctor and from this moment... your worst enemy." this earned a small gasp from some people.

"First things first, there will be no fighting unless I say so. Anyone who thinks of messing with me will be disqualified. Now, you will all come up here and hand me your information card given to you by your Jonin sensei to determine where you will sit for the written part of the exams!"

Written? Well, Naruto failed.

(Y/n) walked up and got his number card from Ibiki. The last seat in the exam. 

Wow. 124. There seem to be a lot more people here.

(Y/n( thought taking his seat next to a red-haired girl with glasses. There were small whispers across the room as everyone had their papers handed to them.

"Hey, what village are you from? That's not a Sand Village Headband or a Sound Village HeadBand." (Y/n) asked catching a glimpse of her headband.

"O-Oh, this is a... Grass Village headband," she said fumbling over her words.

"Wow, from that far away. I didn't think that the Chunin exams would be big enough for Ninja to come that far." (Y/n) said "I'm (Y/n) (L/n) by the way."

"I'm.... Karin."

She seems a bit... odd.

"Attention! I'm not going to answer any questions so you better listen well now! Rule one: every person in this room being the test with a perfect score. With each question you get wrong a point will be deducted."

So, if I don't answer any I'll have a perfect score?

"Rule two: teams will pass or fail due to the total number of points made by each member of the team."

Does that mean we have an advantage since we have 4 members?

"Rule three: If you are caught cheating by one of these sentinels on the side, your total score of your entire team will be taken down by two points. And if they catch you five times your team will automatically be disqualified from the Chunin exams." 

Ibiki took a long pause.

"Oh, and if one of your teammates gets a 0 your team immediately fails."

Every member of team 7 groaned including Naruto.

"Now,...... Begin!"