Chapter 23: Power Of The Gates

If you got any other ability suggestions just leave a comment. Along with a summoning (Y/n) could have. If you want... ( $ _ $ )

As Lee powered up everyone in the crowd watched in shock. Lee's skin turned a reddish color and veins appeared all over his head.

"That's some technique you ha..."

"Gate of Pain open!" Lee yelled out.

A violent green aura surrounded Lee's body causing him to yell out in pain. (Y/n) carefully studied Lee's movements watching him get into a sprinter's position and rushing (Y/n) full speed.

He's faster than before.

(Y/n) though barely being able to dodge the attack by jumping in the air. The black lightning built up in both of (Y/n)'s hands in the form of a bolt of lightning. (Y/n) threw it at Lee who managed to dodge it and rushed (Y/n). This time, however, Lee sent a kick to (Y/n)'s stomach sending his body flying into a wall with a huge crash 

(Y/n) grunted as his body crashed into the wall and slid down it. Through the dust (Y/n) created two shadow clones. One clone grabbed the other by the leg-spinning him around and throwing him at Lee. The same was done to (Y/n) in an attempt to confuse Lee.

Lee easily dispersed the first clone thrown not realizing in time that there was the actual (Y/n) flying towards him with the black lightning in hand.

"Lightning palms!" 

(Y/n) yelled out. Lee gritted his teeth as his entire body was engulfed in lightning. Through the pain, Lee was able to kick (Y/n) sending him flying into the air. In an instant, Lee jumped into the air kicking (Y/n) to the ground literally playing ping pong with his body.

Everyone who was in the stands struggled to keep up with the speed of Lee's attack. Kakashi had a shocked expression. Lee hit (Y/n) one more time causing him to crash to the ground. The aura around Lee started he began undoing the bandages around his hands.

(Y/n) slowly got up only for the Black Lightning around his body to disappear. Lee let out a wincing noise preparing for his final attack. Just like a few seconds ago closed his eyes and rushed at (Y/n).

(Y/n) unknown to everyone created a clone. Lee attacked the clone sending it flying into the air and hitting it several times. The final hit sent it crashing towards the ground, but just before it hit the ground Lee yanked it back hitting it with a devastating punch to its gut.

I hope this works. 

(Y/n) thought activating that mode once more just as the clone dispersed. The Black Lightning developed (Y/n)'s body once more only this time it was much more static and violent looking. Lee turned back to look at (Y/n) as he fell out of the Fourth Gate.

The black lightning began swirling around (Y/n)'s fists along with a ton of Anti-Chakra. (Y/n) grunted his teeth feeling the drawbacks of the form.

I gotta end this quick

(Y/n) at full speed ran towards Rock Lee who put his arms up to block the attack. (Y/n) connected with the attack sending Lee skidding across the ground and crashing into a wall. (Y/n) fell to one knee most of his Anti-Chakra was drained from using that form for as long as he did.

"The winner of this battle is... (Y/n) (L/n)," Hayate announced.

There was silence across the entire room as Lee was dragged off to the Leaf's hospital. (Y/n) put his head down feeling bad that Lee was hurt.

"Alright," Hiruzen said to everyone. "Now, that this is over I'll go over the last round. Just like this, it will be one on one battles." Hiruzen said to everyone who won the preliminaries.

Gaara who "fought" Kabuto earlier stared daggers at (Y/n). Back in the forest of death, when (Y/n) was able to easily get through Gaara's sand the "voices" in his head were running rampant. They constantly told Gaara to kill (Y/n) the first chance he got.

"We have assigned you all an opponent at random," Hiruzen said turning a board towards everyone showing their opponents.

Gaara looked at who he was fighting and let out an extreme amount of blood lust. Everyone let out a gulp except for the Jonin. Hiruzen paid no mind to Gaara.

"You will all have one month to train before the final stage of the exams. Until then, good luck!" everyone walked out of the building. (Y/n) walked all the way to his house with his beaten body. 

At the Hokage's office, Hiruzen sat on his chair smoking his pipe there was a sudden knock on the door.

"Come in, Kakashi," Hiruzen said. The silver-haired ninja walked through the door stuffing Make-Out Paradise in his pockets. "What are you doing here?"

"Random," Kakashi said looking at the board with the matchups on them. There were several scribbles over the names specifically Sasuke and (Y/n)'s.

"It was a simple white lie. It's not going to hurt anyone." Hiruzen said referring to the obviously not random fights Lord Third had.

"But, why change Sasuke and (Y/n)'s opponents?" Kakashi asked. Hiruzen sighed and took a hit from his pipe.

"It's because... after watching (Y/n) fight Guy's student. I realized how far he's come. He reminds me of someone I used to."

Gaara vs. (Y/n)? Didn't think that'd be how this would go.

"Wait, who are talking about?" Kakashi takes his focus off (Y/n)'s fight.

"It doesn't matter now. I'm pretty sure he's dead. But, he was probably one of the strongest ninjas I've ever met... no, ever."

Outside the village, a silhouette wearing a dark cloak and hood walked toward the village. He looked up at the Hokage's faces specifically staring at Hiruzen.

"It's been too long, old friend." his voice was raspy and dark. "But man, it feels great to be back home!"