Chapter 6: The Land of Waves-Begining

A/N: This isn't the best part but, I just need to get back into the flow of uploading constantly so I don't lose my inspiration.

"Do you guys have eyes on the target?" Kakashi asked while hiding behind a tree talking into an earpiece.

"I got eyes on the target," Sasuke replied.

"Me too," Sakura said while barely h trying to hide while looking at Sasuke.

"I got it!" Naruto yelled at them

"It's right in front of me." (Y/n) said

"Alright. On my signal..." Kakashi tried saying but was interrupted by Naruto frantically yelling into his earpiece.

This was the fourth time they've caught the same black cat. On the walk back to the Hokages mansion (Y/n) looked at the cat who was like they all thought was the same cat they had to catch for the last month.

Once they made it to the Hokages Mansion they gave the cat back to its owner who thanked them like usual and left. 

"Now, for Team 7's next mission we have several available. Digging up potatoes, or..."

"NO WAY! This isn't the type of mission we should be doing. I want something more challenging and exciting!" Naruto yelled out cutting off Lord 3rd.

The rest of Team 7 besides Kakashi nodded in agreeance. 

"How dare you interrupt Lord 3rd, Naruto! Just like every other Gennin, you will simple and easy missions to build up your skill!" Iruka yelled back to Naruto.

Lord 3rd and Kakashi sighed as Naruto and Iruka argued back and forth like children.

"Naruto! It seems you don't understand the mission you have been given. Many different types of requests come into the village every day. From babysitting to assassinations. Each request is analyzed thoroughly. Then they are ranked A, B, C, or D. We ninjas are also ranked similarly. I, the Hokage is at the top, then Jonin, Chunin, and Genin at the bottom. From there we rank the missions according to the Ninja's level and experience. If a mission is successful we are given a fee and that's how our village is supported. Since you four are Genin who are just starting the Shinobi path you are given D rank missions."

Lord 3rd finished his speech only to see none of Team 7 heard a word he said.

"Silence!"

"Why? You're always lecturing me like you're my grandpa or something. I'm not some stupid brat anymore! I'm a ninja and I want a ninja mission!" Naruto complained. 

Naruto does have a point. We're ninja now and we deserve missions a ninja would do.

"So be it! I'm going to give you a C-rank mission. You'll be bodyguards on this mission." Lord 3rd said making their eyes light up.

"Wait, that really worked?" (Y/n) asked looking at Naruto who was in shock.

"Who is it?" Naruto asked

In walked an old man who smelled like booze and throw up.

"This is a bridge builder from the Hidden Mist village, Tazuna." Lord 3rd announced to Team 7.

"Ehh? *BuRp* Are these really the brats that are supposed to protect me? And you, the short one with the dumb look on his face. Are you really supposed to be a ninja?" Tazuna told all of them sloppily.

'Naruto looked at everyone in the Team and realized how was of course the shortest. Tazuna took another sip of his booze and began explaining what he was doing to Team 7.

A/N: I'm not explaining everything that happens in the Hokages mansion. 

time skip

Team 7 including Tazuna walked out of the village towards the Hidden Mist village. Kakashi and Sasuke walked in the front. Sakura was behind them walking next to Tazuna. Finally Naruto and (Y/n) at the back.

"Being outside the village is really something else." (Y/n) said to Naruto who nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I've been waiting for this moment. This makes us official ninja's now." Naruto said taking a deep breath of fresh air.

The rest of the walk was silent. Well, for a while at least. Kakashi, Sasuke, and (Y/n) looked on towards a puddle in the distance. It hadn't rained for a few weeks so there was no reason for there to be any rain anywhere.

"You see that. Naruto?" (Y/n) whispered to Naruto. He raised his eyebrow and shook his head. (Y/n) sighed and put a hand on his blade ready for anyone but not really ready. Kakashi stepped foot passed the puddle and immediately two Ninja came from the puddle and cut Kakashi in half.

It was two of them. The first one rushed towards Tazuna and the other at Naruto. The one rushing towards Tazuna was stopped by Sasuke who used a kunai to stop the chains. (Y/n) did the reverse hand seals for the Shadow Clone jutsu.

(Y/n) summoned 4 shadow clones who grabbed onto the man and drained his chakra from him. Not enough chakra to kill him but just enough so he'll be too weak to move.

"Well, done you two," Kakashi said walking out from the bushes showing that his "dead" body was just a log. Naruto still stood there still in shock. (Y/n) walked over to him and put a hand on his shoulder making Naruto jump a bit.

"What's wrong, Naruto? We're ninja now. You can't be scared of people trying to attack you. Plus, how are you supposed to become Hokage like that?" (Y/n) said trying to encourage Naruto. But (Y/n) also noticed a small scratch on Naruto's hand.

"What's wrong Naruto? You're not hurt, are you? Scaredy-cat." Sasuke said to Naruto as smugly as ever.

Naruto rushed to Sasuke but was stopped by Kakashi.

"Calm down Naruto! That ninja affected you with poison. The more you move around the faster it spreads." Kakashi told Naruto the looked at Tazuna sending shivers down his spine.

"And Tazuna. We need to talk."