"Put a bouquet in the middle of the table and it'll be a real date."

"It's a friendly dinner" I shrugged "so what do you say?"

"Liquor schedule when we're not 21 yet and we're breaking the law?" Liv pretended to think

"Need I remind you that this is coming from the girl who went to L.A. pubs with me using fake IDs?"

"That was a long time ago and not true."

"Yeah, sure it was. So?"

"I'd love to, just make something nice so we can drink like two grown women with an appetizer."

"What high demands, you got yourself a free cook and you're in charge"

"That's fate."

I huffed and began to think about what to make.
We discussed it over lunch and I took the assignment seriously. Of course Olivia couldn't stay away so I got her a job like cleaning, chopping, ingredients and anything that didn't require steep preparation. So we ended up having Pomodoro pasta and portioned strawberry trifles for dessert just in time for dinner.

Liv volunteered to open a bottle of wine and ended up drowning half the cork in the bottle

"Wine with a cork tastes even better," she assured me.

"Yes I figured as much" I laughed.

We poured the wine into glasses and clinked our glasses.
Olivia put her glass aside and said thoughtfully.

"Sitting here at dinner and drinking red wine. It's very mature and we're only 19."

"Well, it's not all cocktails and beer at parties."

"Yeah, you're right"

And we kind of drank the whole bottle. Over talking and eating and wine, we didn't notice that much time had passed. And we didn't give a shit.

I was totally at ease and having fun. We laughed at every little thing so much it made our bellies hurt. Liv found some vinyls of my parents from the 90's or something and we decided to play them.
Some song came on, unfamiliar to either of us.

"Let's dance," I said.

"Hell yeah!" Olivia immediately agreed.

At first we were more fooling around, but then a slow ballad about love came on and we decided to match.

I put my arms around Olivia's waist and she put her hands on my shoulders. We began to twirl in a slow dance, keeping our eyes on each other. I just drown in her gaze, you know that? In moments like this, when the moment is only ours, I am all hers. She can order me to do anything, I will follow her. It's just that she fascinates me to such an extent. I can't.

I feel Olivia gently embrace me. Pressing me against her, running her hand through my short,barely reaching my shoulders, so unlike her hair. Her embrace immediately makes me feel so warm and cozy.

I try to look away, but she lifts my face by the chin, forcing me to look into her eyes.

"Don't take your eyes off me," Olivia says quietly.

"Oh my, are we that drunk?"

"Who are you kidding, it's just a bottle of wine."

"Maybe" I tell her and shut up not knowing what else to say.

Olivia's hands move to my neck and settle there comfortably.
My gaze is drawn to her such perfect lips. Damn, what is wrong with me. Sure I've always admired Olivia but it's completely different now.

She's so close to me, literally a millimeter away from my face. I look into her eyes. So deep and beautiful. Then I notice her lips,so full and probably soft,so inviting. A thought comes to me, which I immediately push as far away as possible.

I see Olivia looking at me. She smiles and leans closer. There our lips are so close, I can feel her breath on my skin.
I can't hear anything, just her breathing.

"Do you think we'll remember anything in the morning?" She asks.

"Why?" I ask but suddenly I feel her arm around my waist and with her other hand she lifts my face again.

In her gaze I see only one thing: love. One movement, and I feel her warm lips on mine. Slowly. Gently. Sensitively. Our first kiss.

In that moment, I feel better than ever. Her closeness makes me forget everything, takes me to heaven. She makes me feel so warm and comfortable. Wherever we are, with her I feel at home.
Olivia pulls away from my lips and says in a half-whisper:

"Will you remember that, too?"

I pressed my lips to hers again, not letting her finish. They taste so sweet, so soft, so beautiful, just like her. I can't believe she feels it, too.

I don't know if it was the music that stopped playing, but we just stopped swaying to the beat. Now we were busy with each other.

I was kissing Olivia Rodrigo.

And the worst part was, I was kissing my best friend.

And I felt absolutely no guilt about it. My hands moved to her hair and I made the kiss deeper. Now I reminded myself of an insatiable beast, but Liv didn't seem to mind.We broke off the kiss.

"You okay?" I asked, not sure I knew the answer.

"I'm fine, but I think I'm drunk."

"It's not the wine, it's me" At that moment I was not afraid of anything

She doesn't immediately get the message and for a moment has a childish and confused expression on her face, but it is quickly replaced by a smirk.

"You know I like it when you're like this," she replied, and then she put our lips together again, and this time her arms wrapped tightly around my neck.

So without letting each other out of our embrace we fall on the couch next to each other, trying not to hit anything.
We kissed so many times that night. I finally remove a strand of hair from her face and gently kiss her cheek with that velvet skin.

Liv hides her nose into my neck and I stroke her head. We both become more relaxed, Olivia sliding off of me a little, but most of her remained lying on top of me.

Pulling me to her for the last time for the day, she kissed me and closed her eyes tiredly. I watched her fall asleep with a slight smile on her face and snuggled against me until she fell asleep herself.