Breakup

I leaned back in my chair and smiled.

"Mom, your food is wonderful and there's nothing like it," I said.

"Thanks honey" smiled my mom.

I looked around at my family.Today I came to visit them and we had an outdoor barbecue. What could be better?  I love being home. And everything was well until my phone rang.

"I'll be in five minutes," I said, and I went into the other room to get some privacy.

It was Olivia calling me. I picked up the phone and closed the door to my room.

"Hi girl" I smiled.

I always smile when I see her. Because she's the most beautiful person I've ever known.

"Hi Y/n. Am I interrupting?" She asked in a muffled voice.

"No, you're not."

"Cool" said Olivia, biting her lip.

I smelled something wrong.

"Okay, what's wrong?"I asked nervously, definitely not liking the situation.

"It's just..." Olivia was quiet again and I noticed that her eyes were red from crying

"Liv I can see that something's happened to you. Tell me."

"Adam and I broke up" Olivia said and I could see a tear running down her cheek

"God, I'm so sorry..." I was about to start, but Olivia stopped me.

"Could you come over to my place now?"

I didn't have time to answer before my dad walked into my room.

"Y/n, can you help us make some cocktails for the pool? Hi, Olivia."

"Dad, give me a few minutes please and I'll be there."

My dad nodded understandingly and left my room. I went back to Olivia.

"This is your room. You're visiting your parents,oh fuck, I get it. I'm sorry to bother you," she said and almost hung up, but I stopped her.

"I'm really at my parents' house, but I'll come over and we'll get through your breakup together. Is that the plan?"

"Y/n really don't, you haven't seen your family in so long..."

"It's out of the question Liv, I'll be there in an hour" I said and hung up.

After that I went out into our yard where the summer sun was shining brightly and walked over to my mom

"Here's the thing, I'm sorry but Olivia broke up with Adam and you know how she is with breakups. I'm going to go see her, okay?"

"I'm sorry, but of course go. Be there for her. Just wait, I'll get you some food for the trip and feed Olivia, okay?"

"Okay Mom," I replied with a smile and then we went and put the food together for Liv. After that I quickly said goodbye to my family and called a cab to Liv's apartment.

I was riding in a cab and looking at the streets of Los Angeles. Olivia loves this city so much.And to be honest, I pulled away so quickly not only because she asked me to, but also because I felt a little guilty.
Of course we're best friends and we share everything, but when she broke up with Joshua I wasn't always there for her and just listening to her album made me realize that she hadn't told me half of the pain she was feeling. So now I wanted to support her as best I could because she deserves to be happy like no one else.

As I promised, I arrived at Olivia's place a little early. I looked around just in case there were any paparazzi or anything, because Olivia was a star, but her private address was still, thank God, unknown.
I walked quickly into the house and up to one of the upper floors where Olivia lived. In my hands I was holding all the food we'd made today.