Regal No More(For Now)

Today marks one year of my Adventuring days. I've just finished my last dungeon raid and am currently flying back to Xyrus.

Arthur and Jasmine have been going pretty hard at it lately. I've been hearing rumors about a masked Adventurer that only uses a sword and pure mana in his dungeon raids.

Sounds like he's becoming a well-known figure himself. As far as I know, he's still B-class as of right now, but in about a year or two when he rack up more achievements, he'll surely rank up to A-class like normal.

As for the Vigo Twins, I've been stretching my Mana Sense over to the Vigo Manor in Etistin to check on them every once in a while.

They're close to the peak of Light Yellow, and they're learning the sword just like their father.

"Hm. Maybe they could learn a few sword techniques from Arthur as well. I mean, I can use the sword pretty damn good, but Kamish's Wrath still suits me to a T. Not to mention, I've been reading up on greatsword techniques and scytheplay."

Yeah, I should let them learn a bit from Arthur too. Maybe pick up a few sword techniques to implement into their own.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as I'd begun nearing the Guild Hall.

"Ah. Here we are. I'll go drop off the last few beast cores I left unturned and head back home to pick up the Twins."

As I opened the Guild Hall doors, I was greeted by Ava one last time.

"Good morning, Sir Regal. Kaspian is currently in his office," she informed me as she bowed respectfully.

Ava was a seemingly curious subject of interest in particular. She was the type of woman who kept things professional most of the time and hid her personal life from her work life. She's been putting the gold I've given her over the last year into her family's budget.

Whatever the case she's doing it for, I may as well give her one last push.

I pulled out the largest bag of gold since I began giving her some as thanks and handed it to her.

"Thank you, Ava."

She looked at the bag in amazement and curiosity. "Um, I apologize if it sounds presumptuous of me to ask, but why do you give me these bags of gold?" she finally asked as she looked at my eyes through my mask.

"I wonder why..." I trailed off. "At first, it was as thanks for keeping me notified and updated, but now... let's just say I wouldn't want my efforts to go to waste."

After our quick interaction, I made my way to drop off the last of my collected beast cores and temporarily go off the charts as Regal.

Today was the day Regal would officially retire. For now, at least.

"Kas. I'm back," I said as I walked into his office.

"Ah, Kuro. Welcome back. Today should mark your last day as Regal, yes?" He was just looking at papers like usual while he sipped from his cup of tea.

"For now, yes," I confirmed as I sat down in the open chair that sat in front of him. "Regal will be... 'off the charts' for the time being."

"Well, it should be about that time now. You'll be attending Xyrus Academy, yes?" he asked.

"Yep. I'm gonna be training an interesting pair of twins I found too, so they'll attend with me." I confirmed.

"Oh? You complimenting someone other than that Note boy? Now, that's something I never expected." He adjusted his glasses as he took another sip of tea.

"Well, they were an exceptionally interesting case, those two. They've got something even I don't have, nor can I perform." I sipped my own cup of tea as well.