Meeting Arthur

Today marks the day of Arthur's return. The multi-race competition really saved his ass, or else he would've spent a much longer time away from his family.

I recently broke through to the Initial Silver stage as well. Boy, am I lucky the difference in mana reserve size increases exponentially every time you break through to a new core level. I finally managed to create the Kamish's Wrath daggers that I modified in its entirety.

Sure did drain me though. Still not enough for consistency, yet. I'll for sure be able to use these in the future. But damn, these things are on another level. I know I read that it could increase its power according to its user and even grow with the user but these are already broken and I'm not even at White core.

I tested the daggers on a tree in the backyard one time and I cut through three of them like a hot knife through butter.

Better to use it against stronger opponents. I'd certainly like to cut through a few Vritra and Alacryans sometime, to be honest. Maybe I could do it on Lucas, when he rebels? No, I'll leave him to Arthur.

"Father, I'll be back in a bit. I've got some business with Kas." I got my usual black trench coat on. I reinforced the fibers in it, so it was tougher than any armor in Xyrus.

"Say hi to Kaspian for me!" He waved goodbye from the door.

I got on my mask but didn't need to take out my cloak, since I was already wearing the trench coat.

I made my way to the Adventurer's Guild Hall, where Ava greeted me at the front door.

"Good morning, Ava. I assume he's in his office as usual?"

"Yes, Sir Regal." She bowed.

I walked over to Kaspian's office and knocked on the closed door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me."

He opened the door. "Ah! Come in, Kuro. What is it today? You don't typically visit for no reason."

"Kas." I smiled. "He's coming today."

He looked at me confused for a moment, before realizing who I was talking about. "You mean..."

"Yes. That kid I told you about two years ago. He's coming today. I'm just biding my time before I can meet him myself. He'll be with his family for two months, and then when we turn 9, he'll start Adventuring, and I'll officially make myself known as the S-Class Adventurer Regal. You're still free to spar with me if you'd like."

"Hmm.. I'm sure he's quite powerful, for you to acknowledge him. How strong is he?"

"He could compete with you even if he held back. He's quite an interesting one, you see." I said, remembering their spar.

"Oh? So he's not as strong as you, I see."

"That's because I broke through just a few months ago."

"Speaking of breaking through, what core level are you now? You were at the peak of Solid Yellow just two years ago, right?"

"I broke through to Initial Silver four months ago. I'm somewhat nearing a breakthrough, though. I've already got one or two cracks in my core."

"You really are a monster talent. What level is your subject of interest?"

"He was a bit... 'troubled,' for quite some time, so he's only at the Light Red stage. I'm sure he'd be just a few stages below me if he wasn't being restrained by his current circumstances."

"Yes, very interesting indeed."

"I'll see you in a few months with the kid in tow, Kas. Don't be surprised if anybody you know comes along."