Deal

He looked at her hand confused, and I remembered exactly how this went. Before he even had the chance to try and look like an idiot, I dashed toward him.

"Please forgive him, Director Goodsky." I forced his head down, quite easily so, because of my Silver core body strength. "He just arrived today from a long stay somewhere else, so he is unaware of traditional customs." I bowed as well.

"Oh, no, it's quite alright." She gave a polite laugh and covered her mouth. "Also, please, Arthur and... Kuro, I believe? Call me Cynthia. I'm sorry to intrude on you at such a late hour," she explained, "but unfortunately, the only free time I had was after my meeting tonight. I hope you don't mind."

"No, no, of course not, we're thankful you'd be willing to take the time to visit our sons." Reynolds spoke up next, referring to the two of us.

I could see Arthur looking at her, contemplating just who she was. I think I read something about him thinking whether she had a status similar to Virion Eralith, the former Elf king and the person who helped him assimilate with Sylvia's Dragon Will, because of the formality I and the adults were displaying.

"Arthur, we bow in the presence of a higher authority. Remember that and I won't have to force your head down." I whispered closely to him.

"True. It's not often I personally make the effort to visit potential students. Even if I had a hundred bodies, I wouldn't be able to find the time. However," she continued. "Vincent is a good friend of mine and he greatly contributed to Xyrus Academy, so when he told me about two prodigies, one being his adopted son," she looked at me, "living in his home, I couldn't help but get excited myself. I guess you could say my curiosity got the best of me. Do you mind leading me to an open space so I can see a demonstration?" She looked at Arthur.

"Can I at least eat din-" I smacked the back of his head.

"I told you she was here to see what we're capable of, not to enroll us into the academy. Get to the backyard before I throw you there."

"Sheesh, you could lighten up." He rubbed the spot I hit.

Outside in the backyard, we were situated a good distance away from the two.

"You're not going to use your wand?" He asked while stretching.

"Arthur, she's at least seven stages above you, she doesn't need her wand. Besides, why would she use her wand when you don't even have a weapon yourself."

"Hurting my ears with that one," he muttered to himself.

"I heard that."

"Tone it down. You've destroyed my home enough as it is. We'll go until either party is unable to continue or yields." I raised my hand and swung down. "Begin!"

To boot, he showed control of Wind and Earth, though quite a crude use of it. Kind of lame, stomping on the ground to increase rubble and then using Wind to push them toward the opponent.

Not like it'd work though. Goodsky already had a spell prepared. Insta-casting is quite a useful skill indeed, especially at our core level.

The rest of the fight wasn't exactly worth mentioning. If anything, it was underwhelming.

That Sound spell she used on him at the end was probably the most commendable thing overall.

"Looks like we have a winner."

Arthur sat down in defeat, looking as if he hadn't realized there were stronger people than him. A King's pride, I guess one could say, didn't allow him to accept that fact; that he wasn't as strong as he was in his past life. At least now he'll actually consider going to Xyrus.