"I help her with everything in the shop," I tell her. "Let's just say most of the sleeping medicines are made with lavender and bergamot."

"I'll have to let my mom know," Angela laughs.

I look over at Bella, who was looking outside into the woods.

"Have you been assigned a dorm yet at your college?" I asked Angela, helping her with their graduation announcement fliers.

"Yeah," Angela rolls her eyes. "U.W. sent me and Eric our dorm assignments yesterday."

"Eric?" I ask, looking over to Bella quickly before looking to Angela.

"A friend," Angela tells me, making me smile as I see a glimpse into their future.

"Right," I laugh, handing her the few announcement fliers I finished.

"I'm in the furthest dorm from campus," Angela tells us, unaware to the situation Bella was currently in. "Eric's in the closest, of course. Has Alaska assigned you guys dorms yet?"

Bella looks over at Angela, a longing in her eyes makes my heart clench. Bella sits down on the end of the bed, grabbing a few of the announcement fliers and begins to fill them out.

"Not yet," Bella tells her, looking down at the papers.

"Where is Edward tonight anyways?" Angela asked, making me shuffle in my spot uncomfortably.

I look to Bella, waiting for her answer to Angela's question.

"Our looking for trouble," Bella says, clearly upset.

I watch as Angela looks up at Bella, worry in her facial expression.

"Is something wrong?" Angela asks, worried for Bella and Edwards relationship.

"No, why?" Bella asked, looking up at her briefly before going back to filling the fliers out.

"One, Edward's always with you," Angela points out, going back to filling out her fliers. "Two, you keep looking out that window like you're hoping he'll show up with a mariachi band."

I laugh, knowing that from Angela's point of view it does seem like that. Instead, Bella was looking out for someone who may want to kill her while wolves protect her and Charlie.

"Angela what if Eric was like secretly a member of this... violent gang, and... your brother was in this other gang, and they wanted to kill each other, and you couldn't tell anybody?" Bella asked, making Angela pause in thought.

I'm sure this all seemed bizarre to Angela, since she doesn't know about the supernatural, but she takes the question as a detour and backs away from the topic.

"It's okay," Angela responds. "You don't have to talk about it."

If only she knew.

"There's nothing to... I mean there is but..." Bella dragged out.

"Oh this is gonna get good," I laugh, shaking my head.

"Okay," Bella ignores my comment, continuing the conversation. "You remember Jacob Black?"

"Ah," Angela smiles, looking up at Bella. "Edward's jealous?"

"You say that like it's so obvious," Bella mutters, shaking her head.

"It kind of is," I say, grabbing my satchel from the floor.

"Oh, it's not?" Angela had said the same time as me.

"Edward just thinks Jacob's dangerous or something... bad influence on me," Bella said as Angela smiles and shakes her head. "What?"

"I've seen the way Jacob looks at you. Edward's seen it too, and he's only human. He's going to react like any other guy," Angela says, smiling.

'If only she knew' I thought to myself as I grab my doodle journal out of my bag.

"It's more complicated than that," Bella says, looking down at the fliers.

"Say the words Bella: jell-oh-see," Angela says, smiling.

"I've told Jacob how I feel. He accepts it. He'd rather be best friends than nothing," Bella tells Angela, making me roll my eyes.

"Okay, so the words are dee-nigh0ul," Angela laughs.

"You're saying I'm an idiot," Bella says, making me laugh this time.

"Just a little oblivious," I mutter, drawing a rose.

"Well, I don't want this. Every move I make hurts someone," Bella tells us, hurt in her voice.

"They're big boys. They make their own choices," I tell Bella as I keep drawing.

"Don't worry it will work itself out. It's not life or death or anything," Angela tells her, adding onto what I had said.

When Angela left I stayed a bit longer since Bella had asked me too.

"Who do you think came here the other night?" Bella asked me, pacing her room.

"Probably a puppet of Victoria," I tell her. "I mean, she's the only vampire after you, right?"

"Yeah," Bella nods, sitting down beside me on her bed.

"It will all fall into place, Bella," I tell her, feeling the tug of a vision. "It's going to be trial and error, but we'll will figure it out."

"I know, but right now is so confusing," she sighs, looking down at her fidgeting fingers.

"I have to go," I tell her, looking at the time. "I have to eat dinner then work on spell work. I'll see you around, okay?"

"Okay," Bella sends me a small smile. "Thank you for staying."

"Of course," I give her a quick hug before grabbing my satchel and heading downstairs.

Charlie was passed out on the couch, two empty beer bottles on the table as an old western show plays on the tv. I use my magic to put a blanket on him before tugging my shoes on and head out.

When I get outside, Paul was standing beside my bike in some black shorts.

"Hey," I smile, walking over to him as I pull my satchel higher up my shoulder.

"Hey, just wanted to see how you're doing after spending time with Miss. Vampire girl," he laughs, making me giggle.

"I'm fine," I tell him. "She didn't corrupt me, I promise."

He laughs at that before pulling me into a hug. His warmth felt good against my chilled skin. I could stay in his warm embrace for as long as he would allow me, but I knew that we weren't there yet.

"I'll see you tomorrow night, right? At the border?" He pulls away, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I never back out of a plan the day before or day of," I tell him, grabbing my helmet and putting my satchel in the storage compartment.

"Good to know," he smiles. "I gotta get back to watching over Bella, but I'll see you around eight tomorrow."

I nod, smiling as I pull on my helmet. He runs off back into the woods, leaving me by my bike. I sigh, getting on my bike and start it up. The roar of the engine makes shivers rush over me as the breeze blows through the air. I back up before heading home, enjoying the peace I had by myself.

__~~__