Escape Of The Palisman

Start from the beginning

"Feel that power‐to‐weight ratio." Willow said.

"Can this support us?" I asked.

"Boys, prepare to fly." Gus told his flags.

"Next stop, Glandus High. Let's go." Luz said as the staff rose in the air. "Step on it, Owlbert." She slapped the staff, making Owlbert squawk and rush forward.

"Whoa! Whoa!" All of us exclaimed. The staff did a loop-de-loop, then ran into several trees, leaving us to grunt and scream. We hit a tree. Willow, Gus and I fell directly into a bush. Luz got caught on a branch, then fell out of her Hexside sweater, grunting upon impact to the ground.

"Is everyone okay? Huh?" Luz groaned, standing up. Owlbert hooted and I heard departing noises. Guess it left us. "Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no! Owlbert, come back!" Luz begged. We began running through a forest, trying to find the wooden owl.

"Owlbert!" Luz yelled. Owlbert hooted as he flew into a foreboding cave. We stopped running and panted.

"Man, humans can run. Must be their dorsal fins." Gus said.

"He went through those trees. Come on." Luz said but was stopped by Willow.

"We have to be careful. It's really easy to get lost in this part of the forest." Willow advised.

"This is Eda's palisman, Willow. She'll kill me if we don't get it back. Let's go." Luz said.

"You seem to have a problem with Eda almost killing you." I voiced. Bats screeched as we entered the cave. Bones crunched under our feet.

"Wow. I keep stepping on a lot of crunchy twigs." Willow stated.

"Those are bones, Willow." Luz said. Willow's face got uneasy as she forced it to stay up.

"Not if I never look down." Willow said. A shadow passed us, scaring us to huddle closer.

"This isn't any kind of forest I'm used to." Luz said, poking a spiderweb with the staff.

"That's because this isn't a forest." Willow said. Some bats chirped as they approached us. "It's a nest."

"Hey, I remember you. You're Bat Queen's babies." Luz said, making the babies screech.

"Wait. The Bat Queen?" Gus asked as all of us, except Luz backed away.

"I think I'd rather take my chances with Eda." Willow said.

"I'll even plan and host our funerals." I offered.

"That makes no sense, Ingrid!" Gus exclaimed.

"Uh, we're looking for a little owl and... There he is." Luz said, ignoring us and saw Owlbert warble back into the shadows. "Owlbert, thank goodness you're okay. Come here, buddy. Time to go home." The Bat Queen stepped in front of Owlbert, making her appearance visible as day, making all of us gasp.

"Hello, small human." The Bat Queen hissed.

"It's the..."

"Bat Queen. I know." Luz finished for Willow. "We kinda babysat her kids once. Don't worry. I got this. Hiya, BQ. My, your hair is looking greasy. And your kids they're as hideous as ever." Luz chuckled.

"You know, that coulda gone worse." Gus said as the Bat Queen growled.

"Sounds like it already has." I muttered.

"So... Owlbert ran away and I need to get him back. I'm just gonna grab him and we'll be on our way." Luz chuckled as the Bat Queen put a claw on her chest. "Ah!"

"To be careless with a staff, it's very serious. I protect him." The Bat Queen said.

"And thank you for that, uh, but he belongs to Eda, the Owl Lady." Luz removed Bat Queen's claw. "And you owe her a favor, remember?"