Eren Yeager vs Lelouch Vi Britannia

Attack on Titan vs Code Geass

Connection:

Both are anime edgelord protagonists from famous anime franchises that possess grey moralities

Both lost their mothers at a young age (Carla Yeager being devoured by the Smiling Titan and Marianne vi Britannia being gunned down). This led to them swearing vengeance against those that caused their sufferings (Titans and Holy Britannian Empire)

Both possessed a special ability after a chance encounter (Eren can turn into the Attack Titan after getting devoured by a Titan, while Lelouch was given the Geass after C.C protected him). Their eyes change color when they use their respective powers (Green & Red)

Both were leaders of factions seeking revolution (Yeagerists and Black Knights)

Both killed their fathers (Grisha and Charles) and took their powers (Eren becomes the new Founding Titan and Lelouch becomes the 99th Emperor of Britannia)

Both have "piloted" giants into battle (Attack Titan and Shinkiro)

Both had to become villains in order for their worlds to unite as one. While their intentions were good, the actions were bloody and brutal

Both betrayed their friends and started a mass genocide against the whole world (The Rumbling and Zero Requiem respectively)

Both would ultimately be killed in the hands of their childhood friend (Mikasa Ackerman and Suzaku Kururugi)

Both their series had similar endings, where the world moved on and got together. Though some fans claimed AOT copied CG due to the latter being the first to finish