I don't mind it too much with her though. Which is surprising even to me, as the world knows patience isn't one of my many virtues.

I get that from my father, I guess.

Is it a good or a bad thing? It depends on the who and the what it's about.

Just admit say yuh move different 'round the B and done, bredda!

'Bout it depends on the 'who'

We both know that, apart from your mother and your sister, that she's the only woman who has you this weak.

Even weaker than Jessica did. Which is surprising.

I roll my eyes at the thought and feel my jaws tick.

She looks at me, her doe eyes hazy and lidded. It's so fucking sexy. "What's this?"

She opens her palm and I carefully place the warm cup in it, saying, "It's peppermint tea. Miss Lorna says it should help."

Thank God for that woman.

When I told her about what happened to Amanda last night, she was quick to concoct this potion which she insists will help.

Her eagerness and concern-riddled facial features proved they'd bonded.

Ms. Lorna wasn't someone who was easily into any and anybody, so you can easily tell when she likes someone.

Maybe it was as a result of how she was raised and the community she lives in and has lived in for all of her life, but she's extremely guarded.

So it still surprises me that she'd taken on to Amanda so quickly.

What took Jessica over two months, to even get her to accept that we were dating, took Amanda one day. Literally.

She called me the evening they'd met, after she'd left work, to gush about how sweet she was and how pretty too.

Like I don't already fucking know that much.

Then there was the, "Make sure you take care of her. And don't break her heart with your foolish ego and pride."

Like, why do I have to be the one to break her heart?

What if she breaks mine?

Would everyone be OK with that?

Why is it that men are expected to automatically be the heart-breakers?

'Cause man a dog!

...Dog mi bomboclaat!

Yuh see how woman pree things?

And a who know how fi fuck up man medz more than woman!?

I even had to endure an earful of stern warning since morning to ensure: "Is not breed mi breed the people them good, good gyal pickney."

Of course not.

Amanda had assured me she's on the pill, so I humbly took my threatening and went on my merry way.

These women in my life are something else, I tell you bwoy.

"Oh," she mutters, taking a sip. "Thank you."

My hands are involuntarily outstretched as if positioning to catch the cup if it falls from her hands. "Careful, it's hot."

I would feed her, but I'm already running late.

If she nuh tie yuh, mi name change!

St. Mary guzzo well strong, mi G.

She nods and her head bobs like a bobble-head doll.