Recognized

At least all the Field units got to go home in the jets they arrived in. Raven still had to drive back to the outpost. To make things even more fun, someone had decided to bomb Raven's car. It was probably CROS's farewell gift to her. Raven just sighed, grabbed the bomb kit out of the trunk, and crawled under the vehicle to disarm it.

She didn't recognize the attachment mechanism, so she focused on disabling the explosive. The easiest way to do that was to disconnect the battery. It didn't matter if the bomb was triggered by a sensor or by a signal; either way, it couldn't detonate if it didn't have the power to process the signal. She found the lithium battery, pulled it from the master board, and stuffed it in her pocket. Problem solved.

Raven set her quiver in the passenger seat and started the car. "Initiate bomb sweep," she instructed the vehicle while she buckled and set the navigation to point her back towards the outpost.

A moment later, an automated voice informed her: "Bomb detected. Status: dormant. Threat level: low. Safe to drive. Do you want to submit a notice to your nearest SHIELD facility?"

"Yes," Raven answered. When she arrived at the outpost, they would have a team ready to remove the bomb and dispose of it safely.

"Notice submitted."

Raven pulled out of the parking garage much quicker than she had pulled in, although press crews lined the street on her way out.

Federal authorities had completely taken over the White House and most of the other buildings surrounding it. Once they had escorted the CROS agents out of the building, they went around to the other occupants, checking to see if there was any clear evidence that they were CROS agents that had hidden instead of fought. A few were rounded up, but almost everyone who had hidden when the lockdown started was innocent. For now, at least. Further investigation might reveal otherwise in the next week, but the feds had other priorities at the moment.

By the time Raven was driving away, the evacuation process had started. The politicians in the White House had calmed down from their initial panic, but the overwhelming presence of armed guards and property damage did not comfort them any. They were escorted off the premises and possibly to their homes or somewhere else to stay that night. No one had told them exactly what happened, but rumors were still flying everywhere. Not only through the building, but the internet had taken to analyzing what little information they had for answers. Raven could only hope that everyone was so concerned about the event that no one would focus on her.

When she pulled into the D.C. outpost, a squad of technicians waited for her. They directed her to an alternate garage than the main lot, parked exactly where they pointed her to, and stepped out of the car with her belongings immediately.

All but one of the technicians got to work immediately. The last technician approached Raven. "Your scan said the bomb was armed but inactive. That was you?"

"I pulled the battery before I got in," she explained. "I couldn't figure out how to remove the bomb, so it was the best I could do without accidentally setting it off."

"Good thing you did," the technician praised her. "It's hooked up to a motion detector. If you had exceeded a certain speed, it would have blown up on the road." They looked at the report for a moment longer before closing it and motioning out the door. "We caught a bit of the news report on your mission. Sounded like fun."

Eh, just a little, Raven thought. "Nothing like threatening a leader of the United States government," she muttered, which entertained the technician. "Need anything else from me?"

"Nope. We got this," they assured her. Raven took that as her cue to leave.

She checked into the outpost just long enough to let them know she was leaving again. She was directed back out to the landing strip, found her jet, and buckled in. She started the takeoff procedure yet again and waited for clearance to fly, then left with only the destruction at the White House to suggest she had been there in the first place. It was just past noon.