Tension

By the time Raven got back to headquarters, dinner had passed, and the sun was starting to go down. It made for a nice view flying back in. 

Raven checked her phone while the plane was landing. She had already confirmed that her mission was successful, but she had a few other notifications. The most important one was a message from Watson:

'I've been told you're familiar with Agent Douglas and his unit. They requested to see the CROS agent you took down yesterday. They're watching her interrogation in the detention level and they asked if you were here. You might stop by if you get a chance.'

Oh boy. That didn't sound like it would go very well, but Raven was curious about Alexis. Maybe it was worth a visit. 

Once she was on the ground again, Raven checked her disguise back into the Espionage wardrobe and grabbed her clothes from earlier that day. Minutes later, she was standing in line for the elevator for the second time that day. Instead of going up to offices, she went to the lowest levels of headquarters, where SHIELD kept prisoners. 

Raven definitely received some stares down there. She doubted most of the agents down here were as young as she was. Not to mention, clearance was a hassle in the detention level.

Technically, anyone could go down to the detention level, but once you were there, most doors were locked. Only certain people could access specific holding cells, observation areas, interrogation cells, and archives. Almost all entries had security guards keeping watch. The bottom three levels of headquarters felt more like a prison than a standard SHIELD facility. 

She was guided to the interrogation cell and the adjacent observation area. Not knowing what to expect, Raven scanned her ID and entered the observation room. 

All heads turned when the door opened. Sure enough, all of 6-11 was there. Watson was standing off to the side by herself, and FBI agents consulted one another. Sensing that the Field agents didn't want to talk to her, Raven opted to stand by Watson. 

She saw that Alexis was in the interrogation cell alone through the one-way glass. She didn't look distraught, just pissed off. Respectable, given the circumstances. 

Watson raised an eyebrow at her as she approached. "Where have you been?"

"Mission," she answered shortly. Watson would understand. "What did I miss?"

"Nothing. Roberts doesn't know anything about CROS or Damian. We know a little more about her, but nothing we couldn't have figured out on our own. It's a DEAD-END," she insisted, raising her voice to make sure the FBI agents could hear her, "but they haven't quite accepted that yet."

"She could be hiding something," one of the FBI agents argued. "We just need more time-"

"Well, hurry it up," Watson ordered. "Your people are coming to transfer her out of this facility in two hours. You've tried to get her to talk, we've tried to get her to talk, and she has nothing to say. She's good, but she's not that good. Accept it and move on."

They didn't particularly appreciate the lecture. Looking at each other, the FBI agents stepped outside the observation room to talk alone. As soon as the door shut behind them, Watson rolled her eyes. "Too stubborn for their own good."

Raven agreed, but she also saw the reason behind it. "You can't blame them. We've been trying to get something on Damian for a week now. This is the first lead anyone has had in days. They're going to milk it for all it's worth."

"Except it's worth nothing. I know when someone is hiding information. Roberts doesn't have what they want. They're wasting their time."

"Tell that to them. Maybe they'll listen this time."