Strain

While the data from Raven's test was uploading, Shuri grinned at her. "You are not one for the rules, are you?"

"Are any of us?" Peter asked, crossing his arms and leaning up against a table. "When's the last time Wakanda has had two Black Panthers?"

"I see your point."

"To answer your question, only if it is a rule," Raven specified. "If I have to obey it, then I will, word for word. If it's more of a suggestion, or if there's any sort of loophole..."

Shuri nodded, then remembered something. "The Sokovia Accords?"

"Exactly." She smirked at the screen, watching the rerun of her test. "I'd rather those rules work for the Avengers instead of against us."

The test finished uploading, and Shuri got to work analyzing the data. "Is there anywhere your suit should have extra support?"

Raven thought for a moment. Where was she most likely to sustain an injury? "Ankles and wrists would be great. I don't plan to jump nearly as far as you do, but just in case."

"And the design; what would you like?"

Oh, shoot, she hadn't even thought about that. Her mind blanked for a minute until she remembered Clint. "Throw in some purple undertones, and the closer it can pass for SHIELD, the better. Other than that, I'll just give you creative liberty. I'm not a designer."

Cracking her knuckles, Shuri grinned mischievously and opened a file with hundreds of designs. "I have been waiting for someone to say that."

"Oh, is that why you wanted to remake my suit?"

"Your suit is not vibranium-"

"It's bulletproof! Good enough-"

"It can be better," Shuri argued, and Peter rolled his eyes. "No offense to Stark, but it can always be better."

Clearly, this wasn't the first time this conversation had come up. Raven just smiled and enjoyed the show. Shuri swiped past a few designs, then turned back to her. "Am I correct in assuming a nod to your supervising officer would be appreciated?"

Hey, I'm not about to complain about being compared to the Black Widow, Raven thought as she nodded. Any day where she lived up to her teacher's reputation was a good one.

"I will work on this, but you have another test," Shuri explained, pointing out to the lab hangar. "The prototype quinjet is waiting for you. I have already mapped out a flight path for you to use."

She perked up and couldn't hide her smile. "Do I need an activation code?"

Peter gestured to his watch. "You already have it. Get out there!"

Raven didn't need telling twice. She turned on her heel and left the lab, eager to take a spin on the new quinjet. She couldn't wait to see what Shuri had done with it.

When she got to the hangar, though, she would have gladly flown any of the ships she saw. She saw a few light craft fighters, a few transports, and other models of ships she wasn't quite sure how to classify. It felt like walking into something she might see in Star Wars, except it looked much more futuristic than that. Raven wondered if the Wakandans had explored space yet. Was one of these ships designed to exit the atmosphere?

She would have to ask later. She did eventually find the quinjet in the corner of the hangar, where it was out of the way of other traffic. Probably a good thing, seeing as it was not in use at the moment. Unlike most of the other vehicles there, it had almost no detail on its exterior. When Raven walked onto the ramp, the interior was similar. She brushed the communicator behind her ear to activate it. "I take it the lack of design is where the 'prototype' part comes in?"