Surrender

"What are you doing here?" Natasha asked as they ran through the passages. Raven had no idea where they were going, but she assumed the other two knew which garage Turner was heading for.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," she quipped back, trying to keep up with them. "This is where you got stationed?"

"Somebody's got to do it," Sharon pointed out as they turned the corner. "Looks like it was the right call."

Well, Raven wasn't about to argue with that. As far as she was concerned, Natasha and Sharon were the right call no matter where the call was made. "Turner is their last leader. If we can pin him down, CROS won't have a reason to fight. We should be able to persuade whoever's left into surrender."

"Emphasis on 'if,' I'm assuming," Sharon pointed out, and Raven didn't argue. Turner might already be out of the building, and if that was the case, their job was about to get a lot more complicated.

Sharon and Natasha led Raven down a ramp, descending further underground. This time, Raven made sure to look out for CROS soldiers hiding around corners. She exchanged her nearly empty clip for a fresh one and glanced back at her quiver as she ran. Half-empty already. She needed to make the rest of her ammunition count.

"Fifty feet," Natasha warned, and Raven traded her pistol for her bow. The three of them approached the door to the garage, but this one was locked with a keypad. Natasha entered a code and threw the door open.

Three vehicles were already being loaded. When they saw the spies, the CROS agents started yelling, but Turner was nowhere to be seen. He had to be in one of the cars.

The exit was a narrow tunnel on the opposite side of the garage. Natasha and Sharon started shooting the CROS agents down, but Raven drew an explosive arrow and fired it into the tunnel right as the vehicles shifted into drive. Raven detonated the arrowhead as soon as the first one tried to enter the tunnel. The fireball grew under the car, igniting the engine and destroying it. The exit was blocked. No one was going anywhere.

Once that was taken care of, Raven refocused on the foot soldiers. Natasha and Sharon had already ran for cover, and Raven needed to join them before a bullet pierced her brain. The three of them hid behind cement pillars, occasionally reaching around to shoot an advancing CROS agent.

"Now what?" Natasha yelled across the way. "Did your plan have a step two?"

"Not really!" Raven shouted back. "It's not like I had a step one!"

Still, she had options. She drew a shockwave arrow—her last one—and fired it into the thick of the CROS agents. The pillars protected Raven, Natasha, and Sharon, and they jumped out from their hiding spots as soon as the coast was clear. Raven's shockwave would only buy them seconds and they couldn't waste them.

Seconds was enough, though. The three of them had good aim and could move fast. Five seconds was enough to drop over twelve CROS agents, severely hindering those were left.

"Protect the King!" one of them shouted, and the remaining soldiers crowded around the middle car. Natasha shot the rear car driver through the windshield, just in case, before joining Raven and Sharon as they advanced on the soldiers.

Three of the CROS agents realized that Raven was a problem as long as she had her bow. Rather than try to kill her, they went for her weapon. Raven dropped the first one with a bullet, but the next one lunged and knocked her to the ground, wrestling her bow away from her.

She managed to shoot him in the thigh, but the third soldier was approaching fast. Raven drew her knife with her free hand, ducked low, and slashed upward. He recoiled, clutching his face, and Raven had enough time to punch the second soldier in the face.