Light Flight

It was too loud to hear much of anything during takeoff, but Smith turned to Raven as soon as they were up in the air. Loudly, he asked, "So, anything you want to tell us?"

Raven raised an eyebrow. "About...?"

"About Spider-Man?"

"Are you still hung up on that?"

Now she really had the attention of the entire unit. "I'm sorry, what?" Bryan asked from the front of the jet. "You know something about Spider-Man?"

Before Raven could answer for herself, Smith did it for her. "Someone just got a 'special delivery' from him a couple hours ago."

"How do you know Spider-Man???"

"Do you know who he is?"

"Yes, I know his secret identity and am completely willing to disclose," she answered sarcastically. "What kind of question is that?"

"But how did you meet him???"

"When you run around with Romanoff, you get to know a few people," she explained nonchalantly. "Same reason I've met Tony Stark."

"Okay, but that's different," Taylor pointed out. "Stark never exactly hid his name. So, are you like... friends? Or do you just know each other?"

"Oh, they're friends," Smith assured her. "They were acting all buddy-buddy in the garage when he dropped by."

Danny's jaw dropped slightly. "Are you two dating?"

Raven laughed. Like, her stomach hurt a little laughed. "That's funny. That's real funny."

"It's worth an ask!"

"I'm not convinced," Smith declared, crossing his arms over his helmet. "If Spider-Man revealed his identity to you, you have to be important. Very important," he emphasized, nudging Raven.

Quite frankly, she didn't have a way out of this one. She couldn't explain that they were both soon-to-be Avengers because she couldn't tell anyone that. She couldn't explain that she knew Peter was dating someone else because then she'd have to explain who Michelle Jones was and how she knew the truth. She could turn the pressure back on Smith, though.

"Prove it."

"...what?"

"Prove that I'm dating Spider-Man."

"How?"

Raven shrugged, grinning. "There you go."

"Okay, fine, but you can't prove that you aren't dating him either!"

"This isn't a court trial," she argued. "I don't have anything to prove. Regardless, it's not even legal. Sixteen, remember?"

Smith smacked his leg while the others laughed. "Dammit."

Tate leaned over so she could see Raven better. "So... if you're not dating him, is he taken or not?"

Raven raised an eyebrow. "Thinking about making a move on Spider-Man?"

"Maybe."

"How?"

"I was about to ask you that. You're his friend."

"His wing woman," Smith corrected, smiling at himself.

The entire unit groaned, including Doug up in the front. "Raven, you have permission to smack him."

"Hey!"

Tempting. "No point when he's got his helmet on," she pointed out. "I'll save it for later."