30

Chapter 30// Apollo

"Blue, I think I'm about to have a heart attack." I rub at my chest and pick up my glass of wine, downing the rest of it. It's not even the afternoon yet, but it's Christmas, so as of right now I can get away with it.

"Babe, it's fine." Blue rubs my back as she sorts out the Christmas dinner. "They know everything. They'll just walk in like nothing ever happened." She tries to make me feel better, but I can't stop thinking that they might secretly hate me.

I'm basically a murderer.

"Can we open the presents?" Arabella runs into the kitchen and I throw her a warning look for running. Especially when she slipped on the marble floor yesterday and wouldn't stop crying for at least an hour.

"Stop running," I warn, and she purses her lips and gives me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry." She whispers and then clasps her hands behind her back and looks up at me with her big brown eyes. "Can we open —"

"No." I cut her off and pour myself and Blue another glass of wine. Arabella pouts her lip and shuffles out of the kitchen with a displeased face.

"You keep downing the wine, you're not going to have a leg to stand on." Blue laughs lightly, taking the bottle from my tight grasp. "There's no need to be nervous, okay?"

"Baby. I fucking killed my dad. Are you sure your parents won't look at me and be a little worried that their daughter is in love with a murderer? I don't think I'm a good person, baby." I say in a low voice so that Arabella can't hear what I've said.

"Apollo. My parents understand why you did what you did. You were protecting yourself and your sister from your abusive father. They admire you for how strong of a person you are. Trust me, if my mother didn't like you, you would have already known about it by now." A small breath of relief leaves my mouth at her words and I feel slightly relieved by them.

"I love you." I reach up to stroke her cheek, my heart warming when she leans into my touch. "I'm so fucking in love with you." Leaning down slightly, I place a soft kiss on the corner of her mouth.

"Are you going to show me how much you love me later on?" She tilts her head with a small smile on her face, her hands rubbing up and down my chest.

"I'll show you my whole life if you'd allow me, my love." I coo, rubbing my thumb along the smooth skin of her cheek.

"I'd love you to." I grin.

However, it quickly falls when her phone lights up with a notification from Jacob. Jacob doesn't like me. Do I give a fuck? No. As long as he stays away from my baby, I don't care what he thinks.

Blue picks up her phone and replies to the message of him wishing her a happy Christmas.

"I don't like him," I grumble, nuzzling my face into her sweet-smelling skin.

"I know you don't." Blue looks at me in amusement, locking her phone and putting it back down.

"I'm convinced that man wants you all to himself." I huff and Blue releases a humoured laugh.

"And I've made it clear to him I'm meant for another man."

"Me."

"Yes, you. You grumpy idiot." She pinches my hip, and I chuckle, pinching hers back. "I love you." She gives me a quick peck on the cheek and then resumes back to cooking the food.

I told her I'd help, and then I peeled the potatoes to basically nothing.

"Although my neighbour is still trying to take me out on a date —" My arms instantly wrap around her waist and my hand wraps around her neck as I stand behind her.

"You wanna repeat that, baby?" I whisper in her ear and she giggles, clearly amused with winding me up every time she mentions her shitty fucking neighbour.

I'll be having her and Arabella move in with me as soon as possible. My penthouse is big enough for all of us, and my little sister already seems to love it, especially the view of the outdoors from such a height. She's obsessed. I already had her bedroom refurbished for her when I came here and I've already got a walk-in wardrobe ready for Blue to move all her stuff in, too.

"Alright, Mr possessive." She laughs lightly while cutting up vegetables.

•••

"Thank you for such a lovely meal, sweetheart. It was delicious, and thank you for having us, Apollo." Scarlet smiles sweetly, cosying up to Harrison, who smiles down at her with a warm face. You can tell through his eyes how much he loves her, and I hope to be like that in the future with my Blue.

"It's nothing." I nod, my palms sweating because I haven't been able to stop the nerves from flooding my body. Blue was right. Her parents walked into my house and greeted me like I hadn't faked my death for five years. Like I hadn't murdered my father and done a runner. They smiled and embraced me like I was part of the family.

"Apollo, why don't we get the cake I made from the kitchen?" Scarlet stands up and nods her head in the direction of the kitchen. Oh shit. She hates me. She's going to tell me I don't deserve to be with her daughter.

I swallow hard and stand up from my chair, the legs of it scraping across the floor. My shoulders are heavy as I follow Blue's mother into the kitchen. I don't know how I'll feel if she tells me she doesn't want me to be with her daughter. My heart wouldn't be able to take it. If I lost Blue, then I'd lose Arabella too.

"Apollo. You can stop all that panicking in that head of yours. From across the table during dinner, I could see you worrying. I want to tell you I don't look at you any differently after everything that has happened." She places a warm hand on my arm and gives me a reassuring smile. "You are family now."

"Thank you." My voice cracks, and I swallow the lump in my throat when I feel myself getting emotional.

"Also, you have mine and Harrison's blessing." My breath hitches and I furrow my eyebrows at the older version of my Blue.

"What?" I whisper breathlessly, my heart racing.

"I know a wrapped up jewellery box when I see one. Especially when it holds a ring." She winks, grabbing the cake and sauntering out of the kitchen.

Fuck.

•••

"I think that was one of the best Christmas' I've ever had." Blue releases a satisfied sigh as we step into our bedroom. I bite my lip and watch as she undresses right in front of me. The light from the moon highlights her perfect curves and I feel myself tighten in my pants.

Blue locks eyes with me from over her shoulder, a shy smile morphing onto her pretty face.

"I'm going to run a bath." Her voice is full of invite and like a puppy, I follow her into the bathroom to our room, locking the door behind me.

As soon as the bath is full, she ushers me in first and then climbs into the tub, situating herself in between my legs.

"This was the only present left under the tree." My eyes almost bulge out of my eyes when she holds the wrapped-up ring box. "What is it, baby?" She rasps and I gulp, my whole body heating at her words.

"Why don't you open it up?" I whisper huskily in her ear, a shiver raking through her body. With curious eyes, I watch her unwrap my gift and open the lid of the red velvet box to reveal a diamond ring. "Before you panic, I'm not proposing — not yet. But I wanted to give you this ring to make a promise to you. I want to promise you I'll forever take care of you and love you. I will always keep you safe and make you happy. Blue, I will love you forever. If you'll allow me."

She turns her head, tears running down her face before frantically nodding her head and smashing her lips against mine. She then removes the ring and slides it onto her finger with a bright smile on her face. The diamond sparkles as it reflects off of the warm lights of the bathroom.

"You're right. We're not ready for marriage, but this is perfect. I love you." She beams, relaxing against me. "Best present ever!"

A/N
Happy Easter 🐣
Sorry for the crappy chapter, I haven't been feeling well the past few days but I'm better now 😁💚