11

Chapter 11 // Apollo

TW// sexual assault

"Not tonight, sweetheart. You're too vulnerable." I whisper, watching her face fall by my words, but she nods her head and then climbs off of my lap.

Blue takes the spare space next to me and picks at her acrylic nails, which are painted a light shade of pink.

As I look at her, I notice how she looks deep in thought, the small crease in her forehead telling me she's stressed.

"I never used to be so closed off." Blue whispers and my eyes widen at the fact that she is opening up to me. "Don't get me wrong, I love my mum and stepdad. He's a great guy, but when they got together, my life headed south." I turn my body more towards her, and she looks at me through her long lashes.

"Why?" I tilt my head, curious as to what happened.

"Cameron and I used to be in a relationship." Oh. What the fuck? How the hell did that idiot get Blue?! "No one knew. I wanted it to be kept a secret. Then my mum met his dad, and I found out they were together and that Cameron was going to become my stepbrother." She laughs quietly, lightly shaking her head as if she can't believe what she's saying.

"So you broke up?"

"Not straight away. It was only when I saw how happy my mum was that I realised that mine and Cameron's relationship would ruin that. So I broke up with him. I'm guessing you can tell he didn't take it well?" She questions me and I give her a small nod. "It was two years ago, but every day he torments me for what I did to him. He refuses to understand how wrong it would have been if we stayed together."

Blue's eyes water, so I instantly wrap her up in my arms as she cries softly into my chest. Then, after a few minutes, she pulls away and wipes the tears away.

"Erm... at the party earlier on tonight, he touched me inappropriately. I-It's not the first time." She whimpers and my whole body tenses at her words, and the anger surges through my body. "I'm ashamed. He said if I told my mother, he'd make it out like it was my fault and he would make sure that he splits up the marriage between her and his dad. I don't want that to happen."

I can't think straight. I run my hands down my face and stare ahead in shock. A sick part of me is praying that I actually killed Cameron tonight.

"That time we were in the bath together, was he —" I can't even get the words out, but from the corner of my eye, I see the small nod of her head.

"Most times I keep my door locked. I guess I just forgot that time." I feel sick to my stomach at the thought of what would have happened if I hadn't been here with her. The bile rises up my throat so I stand up, resting my hands on my hips as I comprehend what Blue is telling me.

"Blue," I whisper, lost for words.

"My mum and my baby brother are the most important people to me. If I broke this family up, I could never forgive myself. I just have to keep telling myself that maybe in ten years, it won't even matter. I was an idiot in thinking everything would work out without consequences." I feel sick.

The fucker has manipulated her into thinking this is all her fault.

I crouch down in front of her and say, "Baby, this isn't your fault. You need to tell someone about this." Blue frantically shakes her head at my suggestion, sniffling.

"I can't tell anyone, Apollo. I just needed to get it off my chest. I hope you understand why I don't do relationships. It's not all because of Cameron. I just don't think I'm relationship material, and I don't think I ever will be." I frown at what she's saying. "I feel you needed to know this because I don't want to lead you into thinking I can give you any more than sex. If you want to end this now, I'll understand."