15

Chapter 15 // Blue

I open my bedroom door to a battered Cameron staring down at me with a menacing smile on his face.

"You did what I told you to?" He raises his eyebrows, and I nod my head with tears brimming my eyes.

Before Apollo woke up this morning, I went downstairs to get a drink. I bumped into Cameron, who knew Apollo was in my room. Yet again he threatened me, telling me he'd expose me to my mum. He'd tell her I tried to make a move on him so I could split up her marriage. But not only did he say that, he threatened Apollo. I don't want to be the reason that something bad happens to Apollo, but at this stage, I'm in the fucking spotlight.

"Why'd you keep doing this to me, Cameron?" I sniffle, running my already puffy eyes from all the crying I've been doing. "Apollo is a good person."

"So a good person does this to someone's face? A good person beats someone up so bad that they end up in the hospital. Is that a good person in your eyes, Blue? Because if it is, you're just as sick and twisted as him." Cameron snarls in my face.

"You ever thought that you deserved it? You're not a good person, Cameron. I think you need to look in the mirror." I retort.

I gasp when he wraps a hand tightly around my throat and shoves me into the wall. His stare is intense, an evil glint behind his green eyes, and his breathing is erratic after the words I just spilled out.

"Did I hit a nerve?" I smirk. "Even if our parents had never met, I probably still would have broken up with you. Your true colours really are showing, Cameron. You're an abusive piece of shit."

"Shut the fuck up, Blue." He grits his teeth, tightening his hold and cutting off the little air I had left. I claw at his skin, pleading with my eyes for him to let me go. "If you know what's best for you, you'd keep your distance from him or I promise you he'll end up six feet under." A small gasp falls past my lips at his words, and I furrow my eyebrows as he lets go of me.

"Why do you hate me so much? To do this to me?" I whimper, gripping the end of the sleeves of my top. "It hurts you that bad that you don't wanna see me happy? You can't just move on."

"Are you forgetting you're the one that broke my heart? You broke us because of our parents!" He leans down to hiss in my face and I bite my trembling lip. "I was fucking happy with you, and you threw our relationship away like it was nothing. You have no idea what I went through that entire month."

"So it's all about you, is it? If we're spilling our thoughts and feelings right now, how about I bring up the other girl you were messaging during our relationship?" His face morphs in to shock and he runs his hands through his dirty blonde hair. I nod my head at his shock. "Yeah. So I should have broken up with you as soon as I found that one out. But like the idiot, I stayed."

"You know what Apollo is? He's a real man, he knows how to treat a woman. He's kind and caring. He'd never hurt me like how you do. Physically and mentally. Apollo is a breath of fresh compared to you." Cameron releases a chilling laugh at my words.

"You're a desperate little slut. Anything for a bit of affection."

"That you were incapable of giving me." I retort.

"Blue, if I can't have you, then I'm definitely going to make sure that fucked up piece of shit that lives across the road doesn't haven't you either."

"He doesn't deserve this, Cameron. He makes me happy. Please, just stop all of this." I plead with him, but the look on his face tells me he's far from stopping — he's just getting started.

"Oh, Blue. So naïve," He whispers, reaching forward to run his knuckle along my tear-stained cheek. He purses his lips and takes a step back. "You're doing him a favour, especially when you're incapable of even being in a relationship. I mean, look at you."