10

Chapter 10 // Apollo

I stalk my way over to Blue and as soon as she spots me, her eyes widen, and she forces a smile onto her face.

"Hey!" she whispers as I step in front of her.

I ignore her greeting, place my hands on top of her shoulders and look her body over. My jaw clenches instantly when I see how red her left wrist is.

"The fuck did he do to you?" I furrow my eyebrows, giving her a hard stare.

"What?" She pretends to act oblivious to my question, and that only sets my anger higher.

"Don't fucking pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about, Blue. What did that scumbag do to you?" Her eyes widen and they water again.

She purses her lips and frantically shakes her head.

"How about I go ask him myself, hmm?" I tilt my head and turn to find him, but Blue grabs hold of my hand to stop me.

"Please, no." She croaks. "Just leave it, Apollo, please." She pleads with me, but I can't shake the thought of Cameron hurting her. It's not right and I'm going to do something about it.

I watched my dad for years hurt my mum and there was nothing I could do about it, but now I can for Blue, and I will.

"What happened to your wrist, sweetheart?" I whisper gently, reaching up to stroke her cheek. "Tell me."

She swallows hard and looks up at me with her vulnerable brown eyes.

Please don't lie to me, Blue. Please.

"It was nothing." I slowly close my eyes at her reply. "I bashed my hand on the door —"

"Just stop." I silence her and look down at her in disappointment. "Stop protecting him."

"Apollo, please just leave it. L-Let's just leave." She tries to pull me towards the exit, but I don't move. "Apollo." Her eyes are wide and frantic as she looks around her. No one is paying any attention to us. They're too drunk to even comprehend what's going on around them.

"Look me in the eye and tell me that Cameron didn't hurt you." I lean down closer to her face. "Please, baby." This time I'm pleading with her and she sucks in a shallow breath.

"Let's just go." She tugs at my hand, and all I want to do is give in, leave, and forget what's happened tonight.

But I can't and I won't.

I stare at Blue for a few more seconds and then turn on my heel and go on the hunt for Cameron. It doesn't take me long to spot him in the crowd of drunk people.

My fists clench and unclench as I make my way over to the sick fuck, who thinks it's okay to hurt Blue. His back is to me, so I take the chance to clutch hold of the back of his head and smash his face into the marble table in front of him.

"What the fuck?!" He yells in agony, clutching onto his nose which is pouring with blood. "What the actual fuck?!" He spins around with wide eyes to face me.

I punch him in the face.

"Apollo!" I ignore Blue's cries in the background and shove Cameron until he falls to the ground.

"You like hurting women, hmm?" I snarl in his face, throwing punch after punch, watching as his face bruises and swells. "I told you if you hurt Blue I'd kill you!" I shout.

"Fuck you!" He spits with a smile on his face, showcasing his bloody teeth. "Don't know why you even bother with the slut." I stand up, grab his hair and drag him across the room.