𝟥𝟦 | 𝖨 𝖶𝖺𝗌 𝖠 𝖢𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖽

❝𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚞𝚛𝚊 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚢, 𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚒𝚎𝚜

❝𝙷𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚞𝚛𝚊 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚙𝚘𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚢, 𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚐𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚡𝚒𝚎𝚜.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 My brother calls me the queen of stupid ideas

So, why the hell am I not able to think of any ideas? Stupid or not. I'm usually really good at thinking of ideas off the top of my head without hassle. It's one of the reasons why Ben hired me. Because I do well when I'm put under pressure, but right now?

Nada.

I want to think it's because I'm in shock. Because Carlo just tried to fire a bullet at me just a few seconds ago. My feet were glued to the floor as I watched him aim his gun at me while he argued with Rafael. I could hear Valentino shouting for me to get down, but I couldn't move. I wanted to because I knew if I didn't, I would have been shot dead. Everyone kept yelling for me to move, yet the only voice that was able to get through my head was Leslie's.

As soon as I heard her, I ducked down. Not even a moment later, Carlo fired the gun and the bullet flew past and hit the wall behind me. My heart is rapidly beating and I'm shaking.

Rafael is currently arguing with Carlo to bring down the gun he's holding against Leslie's temple. She seems so unfazed by it. Yet, it makes sense. I don't know how long she has been involved in the underworld or worked for Valentino, but I get the feeling that she has been in this position before. Whether it be by Carlo or an enemy.

Taking a deep breath, I do the breathing exercises Leslie showed me when I started to hyperventilate after finding out that my parents were not my biological parents. The realization then hits me . . . I don't think Rafael knows. He can't know right? If he knew the truth, there's no way he would hide it from me. Still, a part of me wouldn't blame him for hiding it from me because he wanted to protect me. Our childhood and adolescence years were already traumatic enough.

Opening my eyes, I bring my head up until it touches the wall behind me and looks at Valentino, locking eyes with him again. Only a few seconds before Carlo pointed his gun at me, Valentino mouthed the words 'you're safe, angel' at me. I already felt safe the moment I heard the commotion upstairs, but having him silently communicate with me confirmed it. The only thing missing is being in his arms even though it's been a few hours.