Chapter 88 - The Baby Shower

Start from the beginning

Riharsh snorted coldly "he has been pretending so well all these years that I couldn't find any fault in him. But now I felt like i should have been more tough while dealing with him"

Uluk nodded "his whole generation was a epitome of loyalty towards East Peria but the last one..." He shook his head, not completing the words.

Riharsh waved his hand "I asked you something"

"Your majesty, we have 100,000 soldiers," Uluk replied, completely understanding what he meant.

"What about Samrat?"

Uluk looked troubled "from the secret information we have it says Samrat has 300,000 soldiers and 50,000 of them were secretly trained in different way"

Riharsh closed his eyes and then suddenly a sound of goblet colliding with the floor was heard in the room. Uluk's expression didn't even change a little as he was accustomed to this kind of situation.

"Samrat one day, I will conquer you and kill that bastard with my bare hands" Riharsh vowed while his eyes blazing with anger.

Four months later in samrat, the whole palace was decorated with flowers like a bride. The maids are busy preparing while the guards are helping with the decoration.

"This palace looks like a bride today" Atropa gazed around as she followed Nandini.

Ageratina was holding a tray which was covered with golden cloth "of course it will be. After all today's occasion is somehow so big and lively"

Atropa nodded in agreement "princess Maya will be so happy today"

Ageratina smiled "she will be more happy when she sees this" she gestured towards the tray she was holding.

Nandini who was walking ahead could clearly hear the whispering of her maids but she just smiled as she continued to walk towards Maya's room. When they reached they saw Maya was sitting before a huge mirror dressing herself. Two maids were doing her hair. One styled the hair and the other one decorated the bun with flowers. Maya could see Nandini through the mirror and she smiled widely. She waved her hand dismissing the two maids who bowed and retreated back.

"You are already looking beautiful," Nandini complemented with a wide smile.

Maya blushed "I have not even dresses properly"

Nandini laughed "you always look beautiful. Anyways here" she took the tray from Ageratina and handed it to Maya.

"Change into this. Mother has personally picked the dress for you. Starting from materials to design everything are made perfectly according to your taste and liking"

Maya removed the golden cloth and gasped when she saw the dresses. Her eyes brimmed with tears again and she smiled "I love this so much"

"You are crying again" Nandini wiped her tears with a handkerchief as she laughed.

"I can't help it," Maya replied.

"Don't cry like this or your husband will think that you are not happy on this big occasion" Nandini teased.

"I will just change" Maya lowered her head but everyone could see her red face.

Today is Maya"s baby shower. Since she is 7 month pregnant the priest said this timing is the perfect time to hold the baby shower. And even Maya's husband, the King of Tirusha is also here. Because of some problem he couldn't arrive but it was lucky that he reached one week before the baby shower. As a king he has too much work but as a husband and now a father he has another responsibility too. Maya was so happy when Suhal, her husband, arrived in Samrat. And it was also Nandini's first time seeing Suhal personally other than hearing tales from Maya.

After sometime Maya got ready and she looked beautiful in her red dress. Ageratina and Atropa helped her get dressed and were still standing beside her. Nandini could see the immense happiness on her face.

"As I said before you look so beautiful"

Maya smiled and about to say when a maid appeared announcing that it's time for the occasion to start and the palace priest was waiting in the hall.

"Let's go" Nandini nodded and helped Maya to walk towards the door. But when they reached the door they suddenly stopped.

Suhal was standing on the doorstep looking handsome in his king attire. His eyes held the gentleness as he gazed at Maya. He extended his hand and Maya shyly placed her hand on his.

"You look so beautiful my queen" he whispered then suddenly kissed her head which made Maya even more red.

Nandu faked a cough as the couple behaved like there was only them. Suhal snapped out of his thoughts and distanced himself before clearing his throat.

"I will leave first" then he left immediately.

Nandini chuckled while Maya blushed. Nandini glanced at her "we should leave. Everyone is waiting in the hall"

Maya nodded and helped by Ageratina she walked forward. Nandini was smiling and she was about to take a step when her head was spinning suddenly. She closed her eyes and held her head as her body swayed lightly. Atropa who was behind immediately hold her shoulder supporting her.

"My lady are you alright?" She asked with concern.

Nandini opened her eyes and took a breath. Now she is fine and it felt surreal that happened a minute ago. She slightly frowned but nodded.

"I am fine, let's go"

Then both of them left the place following Maya.