Chapter 81 - The Village Road

The journey back to the palace was smooth

The journey back to the palace was smooth. Since the major work has been done, the royal couple can relax their shoulders and feel peace in their heart. The matter of Patchal suddenly raised causing a havoc in the court. It was a serious since Patchal is a great source of transport and information. In the carriage Nandini and Manik sitting talking about the matter.

"What does your majesty plan to deal with Himat?" Nandini asked.

Manik's eyes were closed as he leaned on the seat but hearing Nandini asked it he opened his eyes and looked at her.

"Vaibhav will be taking care of him until he is called in the court for the case. The ministers has been dissatisfied with him greatly. Before we visit many of them requested fir Himat to be executed already"

Nandini frowned "he is that hateful in the eyes of court?"

Manik shook his head "actuall, the ministers only look fir their own interest. Before the Patchal rebel, Patchal used to the great source of information. Since the state is outside Samrat and many of my enemies took the chance to discover the secrets of Samrat. It was for the tight security and privacy that they could not achieve their goal but still the state is popular because of its location and being stand alone"

"So the court minister find it unacceptable because Patchal was being controlled by Himat?"

"Exactly so. They blame Himat fir this. Only after Himat become deputy minister, all the trouble started to rise one by one. Those court minister likes to trevel in there but Himat rebelled suddenly vand prevented them to step in. So of course it will give birth to anger"

"No wonder all of them agreed for you to personally take over this matter" Nandini shook her head.

Manik smiled and was about to say when the carriage started to shake slightly before stopping. The couple frowned looking at eachother with confusion.

"Brother" Vaibhav's voice could be heard from outside.

"What happened suddenly?" Manik inquired.

"The roads are not good. Because of landsliding few days ago the main road is blocked. It would take 3 days of time to clear it" Vaibhav replied.

"We can't stay and wait for whole 3 days in the carriages" Nandini commented.

Manik nodded agreeing with her then asked again "is there any other way?"

"Yes, if we continue then we can go by the village road from north. It will be little longer then usual but the roads are good" Vaibhav said.

"Fine then let's go through that way. Can't wait for long"  Manik ordered.

"Yes"

Nandini lifted the curtain and peeked outside. She could see that the direction turned from main road towards the nearby forest. She can feel her body being relaxed. After so long she can finally relax herself in the palace. It has been quite long since she left the palace and she kind of miss her leisurely days spent in there.