Chapter 73 - Accompany To Bath?

1 month later in Patchal....

The weather already turned cold in the state yet there was a rain fall last night. The heavy pour drenched every dried thing and it somehow made the weather more chilly than usual. Because it was too cold outside that even in the room the temperature dropped. Fearing that the coldness will affect Manik has ordered to bring woods to burn inside to keep warm.

Nandini stared out of the window and watched the drizzle drops falling on the grass. Though the rain has stopped but has not completely gone. She sighed inwardly. This past month is quite peaceful than usual. Since the incident in Fall Side Resturant, there was no action from enemy side. It must be like the deputy residence strictly prohibiting from taking action to bide time.

"You are still in there?" She heard voice from behind.

Nandini swiftly turned around and gazed at the fine man who is striding inside wearing official attire "you are going out?"

Manik nodded "need to attend the court to do some works"

"Is it necessary?" She frowned and again glanced towards outside.

"Couldn't be avoided"

Nandini sighed "the weather is too cold already. And I heard that the road also slipper and some part has gone under water. Besides the cout is quite far from here and with this changing weather what if there's heavy pour again?"

Manik smiled. He stepped forward and take her in his embrace "are you worried about me wife?" He asked gently.

Nandini frowned before reaching out and pinch his hand while he winced "are you sure your majesty, needed to be this arrogant"

"I am curious" instead of getting angry he smiled ignoring the pain caused by his wife.

"I am serious" she replied.

"There's some matters to handle and it cannot go without me interfering. Besides, we are still in Patchal and here my identity is just a mere official who is bound to follow rules" he replied calmly.

Nandini knows it well. Since they are acting as ordinary officers then they have to put the act and couldn't give any chance to others to point out any fault.

"Can I come along?"

Manik frowned "no, you stay inside here. The weather seems like could change any moment. The roads are blocked due to the raise of water. The journey won't be as smooth as before. So it's better you stay here in residence and I will back before dinner"

"Fine, but you must back before dinner. And don't catch cold during the trip" she said with concern.

Manik smiled fondly looking at her which make Nandini confused.

"What are you smiling at?"

"It's really pleasing to know that my wife is worried about me"

Nandini rolled her eyes "your majesty do you really need to give such remark everytime?"

He laughed "be good. I will be back soon"

Then he left after breakfast while Nandini couldn't help but feel anxious inside.

———————

In the Palace of Samrat...

Maya looked outside the window and sighed "it has been so many days yet there's no news about brother and sister to return back". She was not able to spend much time with Nandini and now she is not here in Samrat. It makes her feel bad.