Chapter 49 - Marriage Proposal From Virat

Later that night, Manik stood in his room gazing towards the through window. Besides the full moon and the silhouettes of trees nothing can be seen under the dim light of the moon outside. Inside the room there was few candles that lighting in the corner. The door opened and a female figure walked in holding a glass.

"Your majesty" he heard being called and he turned his head towards the figure.

"Why are you still standing near the window? The weather turns cold at night. If you keep yourself in there it may affect your body" the figure stepped forward.

Manik could see the beautiful face of his wife as she smiled at him. She was still holding the copper glass.

"What's this?" He asked.

Nandini smiled "this is hot milk with turmeric. It will keep you warm in cold weather. I have sent to mother and Vaibhav too so I thought you would also like to have one"

Hearing this made him smile. She is the empress and not really need to do it personally. She just needed to give orders and her maids would do all the work but here is she carrying the glass personally and serving it. He didn't know what he thought when he agreed to marry this woman but after the marriage he never regretted the decision either. He felt more comfortable and willing to work on this marriage and this relationship.

He nodded and took the glass before drinking it. The warm liquid ran through his throat entering inside making him warm. His whole body relaxed suddenly.

"It's good and quite fulfilling" he agreed.

"You haven't eat much in dinner so this milk will help your stomach to give nutrition and fulfil appetite" he heard her say.

He nodded buy did not said anything. The sounds of insects could be heard in the room.

"Your majesty you are thinking so much" Nandini said again.

"I was just thinking how life changed so much. Years ago I was in war when I got injured so badly that I thought I would not make it but fortunately I met my benefactor and able to survive it. But unfortunately I never knew the real identity of that person but held a special place in my heart. I vowed to find her and make her my wife but in these years that never happened no matter how hard I tried. Then I got married and suddenly I meet her again"

"Your majesty thinking about her?"

He nodded "I owe her a lot for saving my life. That time was critical, the situation of Samrat was vulnerable and if I was not there then today's Samrat would have never existed. But I don't know why meeting her after these years and warmth in her changed completely in strange way"

"What strange way?" Nandini asked.

"When I met her back then she was matured, intelligent and also very determined. But now meeting her feels like a completely different person like we never met in the first place. I couldn't feel the familiar connection nor any similarity of past. It's so strange, so mysterious that I want to find the truth behind it" he replied then the room fell in silence.

Not getting any reply he turned to look at Nandini who was thinking deeply. He frowned then raised his hand before clicking on her forehead.

"What are you thinking so deeply?"

Nandini looked up rubbing her forehead "I was just thinking. You are saying the person you met years ago was not Aiyara?"

He nodded "I feel like that though they have the same face but still something in there is amiss"

"So your majesty is up to find the benefactor?"

"I want to because she saved me once so I really needed to thank her for that"