𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

  "Damn.. I've known Karma for what? Seven years? And I've never noticed that.. You've known him for not even a year.. You really are incredible.."

  "Hm. Alright, put your money where your mouth is," the man took off his coat, they were really about to fight.

  "If you insist."

Though you wanted to, you could barely watch. If it were anyone else it would've been fine, but of course you were dating an idiot. Sure, you had watched Karma's fights before, they were kind of unavoidable, even while walking home he'd end up getting into one, from guys who he had issues with, to ones who looked at you the wrong way. But the difference was, the oldest he'd fight was eighteen, a high school third year. Biggest would be about the guys in Kyoto. This was an adult, not just any adult but a professional killer. You feared he didn't stand a chance.

You finally looked up, all he could do was dodge, he had no openings to get a hit in. It calmed your nerves knowing he wasn't stupid enough to try and hit him right away.

  "Oh wow, he's blocking like an expert!" Kayano's jaw practically dropped.

  "You have to come in for an attack if you wanna win this," the guy finally stopped.

  "Ya don't say. What if all I'm really trying to do is create a distraction? I mean, my buddies are kinda hoping' to sneak by so maybe I'm just bein' clever," he cracked his knuckles. "Aw, relax. I'm pretty underhanded on the best of days. But this is one fight I wanna win fair and square."

  "Oh my lord I am going to have a heart attack," you rested your forehead on Yada's shoulder in almost defeat, she patted your head, not taking her eyes off the fight.

  "See, this is what I'm talking about. Two equals, mano y mano. A real battle to the death, hun."

Then, finally, Karma was able to get hits in. Though most of them missed, he thought he hurt him enough by kneeing him in the hip and took it as his opening. But, he was gassed. Your heart sunk to your lungs, you felt like you couldn't breathe.

  "You son of a bitch! He wanted to fight you like a man and this is how you respond?" Yoshida said exactly what you wanted to say. You couldn't build up words, you knew it wouldn't come out properly, honestly, you were keeping yourself from crying.

He talked and talked, lifting Karma up by just his head, with one hand, you thought it was officially over when Karma lifted his arm and sprayed the guy with gas. Seeing that you inhaled a shaky, relieved breath.

  "Guess great minds think alike! Now what was it you were saying about me being 'all that'?"

  "How di... How did you not... Breathe it in..?"

Honestly, you didn't care about that, you were just happy he was safe. You ran over to him and hugged him, not caring about the assassin who was now on the ground. He smiled a bit, stroking your hair with one hand and wrapping his other arm around you.

  "Aww, were you gonna cry? I didn't think you cared that much about me," he whispered sarcastically in your ear.

  "Shut up, you're not funny."

  "I'm hilarious, now move it. I'm not done," he said before lightly pushing you away.

Once you were out of the way, the guy came at him with a knife. Due to the state of lightheadedness he was in from the gas, Karma got him back on the ground with ease.

  "C'mon, Terasaka! What're you waiting for? I'm gonna need duct tape and every free hand we got to hold this crazy bastard down!"

Most of the boys sat down on him, taping his limbs together so he couldn't try anything. Once everything settled down, Karma sat in front of the taped up man and pulled something out of his back pocket.

  "Huh.. Didn't I tell you to throw that out months ago!?"

  "But it's so handy!" He smiled, "Mustard and wasabi! You never know when you're gonna need them to shove up a nose."

  "Do what?!"

  "Man, he's lucky he's cute when he's excited," you walked over to them and sat down next to Karma, resting your head on his shoulder.

  "This is cute?!" Kayano was in disbelief.

  "Part of keepin' my guard up meant I had to play nice. But hey, now that we've got you all  bound up, I can let loose. Oh (Y/N), pass me that please."

  "He looks gross now.." You replied as you handed him whatever it was he asked for.

  "Now let's see... You've got your jalapeños, your hatch chilies, your ghost peppers, those are a kick in the balls, right? And a pinch of garlic for heart health," he looked at him as if he had just created a masterpiece. "Well, hun, whatcha think? Show us that samurai willpower?" He asked before shoving more mustard up his nose, you began tidying his little torture kit.

  "Where'd you even get the face clip thing, didn't I get rid of the last one..?"

  "I know a guy."

  "So.. I've noticed Karma's still a sadist.." Nagisa stared blankly at Karma, who was hysterically laughing at the poor assassin.

  "I am very concerned about what his future holds.."

  "Poor (Y/N).."