The next thing I know my parents including David rushed into my room almost breaking the door down.

What was he doing here? Twice in one day? Must be a record after a year of absence.

My heart, which was beating a hundred miles an hour, almost skipped a beat.

David nowadays always looked so calm, relaxed, so composed.

"Another nightmare?" Asked my father.

"We thought someone might have attacked you, we smelled blood." Said my mother.

I touched my nose. Yep. They were getting frequent.

"I got one earlier as well." I told them feeling exhausted, I think I got three today. I wasn't going to tell them that though.

My mother walked towards me and sat on the bed handing me a tissue. She held my hand. "We need to take you to the hospital."

"There's no point." The hospital seemed more like a second home now considering how many times my mother took me there. For a person who never got sick I sure had fulfilled my quota in just a couple of months. "They are just gonna get more tests done and won't be able to find out what's wrong. It's probably just the heat. People get nose bleeds all the time."

"But you don't-" before my mother could get into an argument my father interrupted her.

"David I think we will take you up on your offer downstairs. It would be a good break for Elizabeth, knowing her she won't take the offer to bed rest either."

At that moment I was infuriated! What offer? Why don't they ever consult me? I am an adult!

"Will you both ever let me make my own decisions! I will not be leaving my house! What offer are you talking about? How could you even consider it? I thought we already had this discussion." I thought I would ask David to leave so I could privately talk to my parents but with his vampire hearing there was no point.

Inside I was screaming from frustration.

"Elizabeth, Lindsay sent David here asking for you to stay with her for a week or so because the wedding preps are over whelming her and she needs and I quote 'her soul sister' that's why we thought we will let you go there. Side by side you can recover since there won't be a lot of exertion."

I thought about it for a second, after everything she had done for me, how could I not be there for her when she needs me the most?

She was very welcoming towards me and very helpful initially along with the fact that she was always there for me. This is the least I could do for her.

How do people not consider me and my feelings though? I felt like a puppet with my strings attached to other peoples lives and decisions. It was a depressing thought to live to please others. But I couldn't change myself now though.

If it meant so much to her and if I could being happiness to Lindsay why wouldn't i?

I can't be selfish.

I nodded. "What about you guys?"

My father looked at my mother for an awkward moment. "We'll be staying here." His tone suggested there would be no room for an argument. "Sweetheart, this is just temporary okay? We'll be here when you get back."

I could tell my mother wasn't happy with this decision but I hugged my dad who was sitting on the other side of my bed. He was so thoughtful. At least someone cared enough.

"When do I have to leave?" I asked.

"Since you're up anyway and David is here you can pack up and go with him."

"She doesn't need to pack." Said David who remained quiet throughout. "Her old clothes are still going to be around somewhere and if they aren't she can go get whatever she needs from there."

***flashback***

I was waiting for him in our room thinking that this would be the last time I would be in this room... The last time I would be in this castle.

I had spent all day in bed... With memories flashing by of all the times we spend together, the times we spent in this very bed.

He walked in looking as dashing as ever. "All set?"

How could he be so calm when I was breaking into a million pieces?

I nodded. Not trusting my voice. If I spoke I would break down again.

"Where's your suitcase?"

I turned around to pick up a pony on the table pretending to tie my hair so he wouldn't see the tears in my eyes.

"I didn't pack one."

"I'll get the packers to come in and transport everything to your place."

"That won't be necessary." I replied barely above a whisper.

"You know I don't want this to be one of those things girls do."

"Enlighten me on what those things are? Considering you were my first relationship."

"The whole 'I forgot my stuff, I'm coming over to get it' but secretly wanting to meet their ex or finding reasons to be clingy."

I smiled through my teary eyes. That's what I needed to hear. This is the side I needed to see.

"Don't worry David. I won't be coming back. Contrary to what you believe it wasn't about the money. If I couldn't have you why would I want anything to do with your money?"

I turned to the other table. He seemed to have sobered up into a serious mood.

"Here is the phone you got me." I put it on that table not even bothering taking the SIM card out.

I took off the necklace he had given me on our one year anniversary that I never took off and put it on the table beside my phone. It was a key from Tiffany. It was supposed to be the key to his heart.

I walked to the closet. "These are all the clothes, shoes etc and that drawer over there has all the jewelry." It included all the gifts he had given me over the time we spend together. In fact even my personal items were in this closet. I wasn't going to take anything with me because I wouldn't be able to bear to look at the reminders of David.

When I looked back he looked ashen.

I almost walked past him but then I stopped and faced him.

I smiled a sad smile and started to take my ring off.

He stopped me mid way and whispered "keep it."

"It's not mine to keep." I whispered back as I closed his hand around the ring and walked away. I hadn't wanted him to follow me out, I hadn't expected him to see me off or drive with me so it didn't hurt when he didn't.

***

Littlelottie316 & DreamCatcherGal- I will keep my promise in the next chapter I couldn't put it in here. ;)

Don't forget to R&R. I have built curiosity well no? Aren't you all dying to know why they split? Any guesses? :P

Also this book is on no.122 and The Bethrothed is No.117!! Which I think is pretty good. And on Fanfic it's reached over a 1000 reviews!!! which is amazing!! :O SO is there anything special I can do for you guys? Maybe write something from David's POV or anyone else's? I would like to treat you guys with something.

-Z