Chapter 96 - Starting Of The Battle

Start from the beginning

"My lady is pregnant" Atropa tried to give a reason.

"I know that but at least you can meet me when she is asleep or when she doesn't need anything. You are biased" Vaibhav accused.

"How dare you accuse me like that you...you..." Before Atropa could complete Vaibhav angrily claimed her lips not caring about others around them.

Not so far two figures watched them getting entangled with each other. Ageratina's face burned with embarrassment while Nandini chuckled.

"I did not know Vaibhav is so aggressive," Nandini said, enjoying the scene.

"My lady..."

Nandini turned around and pulled Ageratina with her "what are you doing? Do you want to watch them kissing for longer?"

Ageratina pouted. She wanted to complain it was Nandini who wanted to watch the show and forcefully pulled her too and now she is accusing her like that. Ageratina made a crying face.

My lady you are not fair for torturing me like that.

At the Zuak Mountain which stands for the border line of Samrat-Peria. At the East side of Zuak Mountain, there is a huge desert named Peruk. East Peria is different from Samrat. Most of the part is desert while Samrat is covered with forest and mountains. Manik's team reached the border where General Kanta was waiting for him. At the bottom of the mountain many tents had been built for the soldiers to live temporarily.

"Your majesty, this general welcomes you" General Kanta bowed and followed all the soldiers present there.

Manik got down from the horse and helped him stand up "father in law you are shaming me. Even though I am emperor but your position is high in relation so please don't bow to me"

General Kanta was touched so he smiled "thank you your majesty. I hope my daughter is doing well in the palace"

After the marriage he couldn't meet her again. Not only him but her brothers too. She was a lonely child and as a father he couldn't give much time to her because of his duty and he really regretted sometimes thinking about his daughter.

Manik smiled "please don't worry, she is fine and you are going to be a grandfather soon"

General Kanta's eyes widened as he stood there shocked. He was going to become a grandfather? He couldn't believe his own ear but it was the Emperor himself who was informing him the great news.

"She is pregnant?"

Manik nodded again "once this war is finished, please take a leave and spend some time with her. It will make her happy"

"Thank you, your majesty," General Kanta nodded, revealing a smile.

They went to the tent which was already made for resting. Kumar, the young general and fist son of Kanta walked forward before greeting. Manik nodded, then they settled on chairs. Kumar spread the map of the border area on the table.

"Your majesty, according to the reports we got yesterday, the soldiers of East Peria  will attack through Peruk. Besides, because of Zuak standing in the middle they could not do it directly. There's also news that Shriphal and Talimur also joined hands with East Peria which gave East Peria courage to charge forward" Kumar said then pointed to the area where the Peruk was located.

Manik looked at it then nodded "they have planned so much. Looks like Shriphal and Talimur don't want to stay in peace anymore"

"Your majesty, these two countries always tried to backstab from the start but because Samrat didn't engage in any battle for many years they couldn't find a good opportunity till now. But Riharsh's actions give them a good opportunity to take action, '' General Kanta said.

"I know. After the death of the former king, Riharsh became more bloody and cruel and he held a grudge against us because he thought the reason for his father's death was Samrat. For a difficult personality like him, he won't stop until he gets his revenge and for all these years he has been seeking this opportunity to get in his hand" Manik said then his gaze fell on the map again.

"He has done so many crimes that no one can count it. He didn't even leave his own people let alone others" Suhal gritted his teeth in anger.

"This time he is going to pay for everything" Manik suddenly stands up and puts his hand on the map "for every crime he committed, I am going to take revenge" he can feel anger inside of him.

Because of Riharsh Vaibhav suffered from pain for so many years. The look on Vaibhav's face when he was cripple was something Manik couldn't bear to see. Not only that there's so many other things he has done to Samrat yet Samrat stayed silent but now since he is declaring the war then let it be.

"When are they going to arrive?" Manik asked.

"Tomorrow," replied Kumar.

A sinister smile appeared on Manik's face "let the battle begin"