にじゅう

The paper in his hand felt so offending.

The bold Revocation Letter written on the top of it was offending.

The small, black characters typed all over the whiteness of the paper was offending.

Everything was offending and Hongjoong wanted to burn the paper and never see it again.

It didn't take long to type the letter, not at all.

He could have even written it within Seonghwa's time there if he wanted to.

It was a bullshit excuse he had given to Seonghwa that he needed time to write it up and finish it.

It was all bullshit because he had just wanted to prolong their time together.

Or even prolong the time so Seonghwa would have more time to rethink his decision.

Hongjoong was still hoping that the other would contact him and take the revocation back.

By the second week of waiting, though, he still didn't receive any kind of message.

Not even a simple hello.

Just nothing.

"It's time for you to let him go."

Hongjoong glared at the owner of the feminine voice he had just heard.

"Don't look at me like that, Hongjoong. You know you can't keep this going. How long are you going to hang the poor boy up like this? He has a life, you have a life, both of you have duties to focus on rather than to waste your time to mourn in the anguish you know is futile." Jihyo said in one breath.

It was harsh.

Really.

Typical suggestion from Jihyo.

And even though it stung, Hongjoong knew that what Jihyo had just told him was right.

"Listen, Hongjoong, I know it's hard for you to part with him. But, since the beginning of your agreement, everything has been a contract. And even though you love him, you can't keep him with you if he doesn't feel the same way. He has the right to love anyone else. It hurts, I know, but it'll be more painful if you're keeping him around while you know his heart isn't for you. Before your feelings go deeper than this, if it's possible, and you mess your life up completely, I suggest you to cut the rotten root right away. This reality is harsh. But this is an adult life and you know life isn't all about love. You still have your family behind you, Hongjoong."

Sighing, Hongjoong stood up and slipped the paper into the brown folder he stored in his drawer.

"Okay. I'll go now."

"Do you even know where he is?" Jihyo snorted, "Text him."

"Don't need to. I know where he is."

"Ooh, talking about feelings." Jihyo mocked.

"Shut up, Jihyo, before I shove this letter into your mouth."