じゅうさん

The flight to Japan wasn't that long since it was so close to South Korea.

Hongjoong had booked them business class seats, which mean Seonghwa could recline nearly all the way back.

Seonghwa had never gone overseas before, but his trip to Jeju Island with economy class seats with his friends in middle school had traumatized him enough.

This seat was significantly different (and by different, he meant nicer) than the seat he had back then.

He was slightly disappointed that the flight went by so quickly.

They had reached Narita Airport in no time.

"Since you're a Japanese Studies student, I assume you can guide me here?" Hongjoong asked playfully.

"Are you kidding me?" Seonghwa pouted, "Of course not."

Hongjoong laughed and the other felt the need to defend himself.

"Hey! The classes and textbooks and syllabus have Korean words! Also the lecturers usually teach us in Korean even though they do slip Japanese words in occasionally. God, why do people always assume Japanese Studies students can actually speak Japanese fluently??" Seonghwa lamented, "This mindset has to be fixed, I swear to God!"

"Oh, Seonghwa, I got it! I'm sorry!" Hongjoong laughed.

Seonghwa was actually taken aback for a few seconds after realizing that Hongjoong had addressed him without using his nickname.

When Seonghwa heard a feminine voice chuckle behind them, he realized they were in public with Hongjoong's secretary in tow (Hongjoong told him that later on she would be the real translator since she had stayed in Japan for six years in the past).

Still, it didn't stop Seonghwa from feeling a little bit disappointed.

And, well, slightly hurt.

He had to remind himself, for God knows how many times already, that he and Hongjoong were not boyfriends.

Seonghwa had to deal with this kind of Hongjoong, the more platonic one, outside of the penthouse or their private dates.

"Oh, Hongjoong-ssi, I think that's the person your client has provided to guide us around." Park Jihyo, Hongjoong's secretary, said.

Hongjoong put on a professional expression, dropping his toothy smile, and fixed his necktie.

Without glancing to Seonghwa, he took long strides towards the man holding a banner with Hongjoong's name written on it in hangul.

Seonghwa knew where he stood.

So, he silently began to walk behind Jihyo, putting a decent distance between himself and Hongjoong so he wouldn't be a bother.

While he was observing the exchange with the professional, polite greetings between Hongjoong's and Jihyo's party with the client's man, Seonghwa watched it all wordlessly.

He saw how Hongjoong sent the man a polite smile, flat and business-like, not the kind Seonghwa usually received every day.

He saw Hongjoong bow, giving the man his name card, and the man did the same back to him.