じゅうなな

Kim Hongjoong: Good morning. How are you today?

Kim Hongjoong sent a photo.

Kim Hongjoong: Baby, I hope you're fine and eating well. Please take care of your health.

Kim Hongjoong: Good night, sleep well.

Kim Hongjoong: The bed's cold without you. I mean it.

Kim Hongjoong sent a photo.

Kim Hongjoong: I miss you.

Seonghwa gritted his teeth as he saw the last message from the lawyer.

I miss you.

Those three words...

He wanted to say them too.

He missed Hongjoong too, so fucking much his heart hurt.

Hongjoong hadn't been reluctant to message him every day despite Seonghwa's lack of response.

He kept telling Seonghwa to take care and asking about his day and sending pictures of him on the bed, at the office, in the car.

And Seonghwa just wanted Hongjoong to stop, please, because it was getting harder and harder every day to resist the temptation to run back into Hongjoong's embrace.

The embrace which would disappear regardless of if he let himself drown in it or not.

Seonghwa hated this feeling.

"You know what?" Tzuyu said quietly beside him as she was watching her best friend get gloomier day by day.

"I think you should just message him back."

"And what? Get myself to fall for him some more?" Seonghwa asked with a bitter smile.

"He's acting too sweet and I hate it. I want him to hate me, Tzuyu, I'd rather him to act cold and cut me out of his life. I want him to stop treating me as if his feelings were real."

"What if..." Tzuyu halted and bit her lip, "What if he really loves you?"

"What part of 'The Submissive is not allowed to feel romantic emotion towards The Dominant' did you not understand? He wants us to be no strings attached. He wants us to be fake. This is all fake, Tzuyu."

"But, I think his attention to you is far more sincere than being fake."

"Stop." Seonghwa replied weakly.

"Don't say that, please? Don't let me hope for something impossible. It hurts enough for me to bear with him being like this. I don't need some more poison to delude myself into believing that he loves me, because he doesn't. Please, I beg you."

The girl let out a long, frustrated sigh.

"Alright. I'm sorry."

Seonghwa locked his phone and ran a hand through his hair.

"Just please help me get through this. I'm fed up with being an overreacting, broken-hearted bitch all the time. I'm tired of crying and hurting."