いち

Park Seonghwa's life was currently miserable.

Clutching his aching head, he groaned.

Crumpled bills and coins were scattered on his almost-broken coffee table as he cried over his unfortunate life.

His wallet was getting thinner, yet the pile of bills on his desk was getting thicker every day.

He was wondering if he could apply for some graveyard shifts at the convenience stores around his neighborhood - even if it meant he would have to cut his sleep time down to three or four hours on the days when he had afternoon class.

And no sleep at all if he had morning class.

He was in his final year of college.

Final year meant a myriad of assignments.

A myriad of assignments meant no time for part time jobs.

No time for part time jobs meant no money.

No money meant no capability to complete his education.

It was a vicious cycle and he was on the verge of being kicked out of his room for delaying his rent payment for about three months already.

Seonghwa could call his parents in Jinju-si and ask them for some money but it meant he would be a burden as a first son because his younger brother was about to enroll into college which meant more money to be spent.

His family wasn't loaded and he wouldn't want to make them more broke than they already were.

But, the money on his coffee table was only enough to feed his stomach for about three days, if he ate once a day, which was impossible since he had to gain energy for his dance class and also to print countless papers for his essay about Meiji Restoration.

He was kind of regretting his choice to take up a minor in Dance while he was barely alive in his Japanese Studies major.

Leaving his money on the table, Seonghwa got up from his mattress slash sofa slash study area to fetch water from the mini fridge on the counter beside the sink of his mini kitchen - which was located only a few feet away from his mattress.

Sighing around the neck of the bottle, Seonghwa glanced at the clock on his table and put the bottle back into his fridge; it was his time to go to class.

Putting on whatever hoodie he could find from the small, plastic cabinet he called wardrobe, Seonghwa snatched his messenger bag and went out, just to be greeted by the face of the landlord.

Crap.

"Park Seonghwa." The landlord crossed her arms on her chest.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am." Seonghwa smiled politely while he was panicking inside.

"It's been almost three months. When will you pay?"

Seonghwa gulped, "Please give me two weeks, Ma'am! I'll pay you!"

"You said that two weeks ago," The lady tsked, "A week."